Did I ruin new my subs because even getting to listen to them?

Participant count
  • Participant list

HollowHills

CarAudio.com Newbie
Just finished my amp install (brand new memphis prx1000.1 mono) and was going to wiring my Two 4ohm dual coil Sundown Ev3 10" subs in parallel to achieve 1 ohm this morning. After speaking with the authorized dealer for almost an hour yesterdsy, he made it pretty clear that he was sure sundowns love the airspace. And that my sealed underseat box (forward facing  twin Chambers w/ 2.33 inside cu ft before sub mount) would work great.

After installing everything I get ready to tune my amp and just barely adjusting till clipping and rattles begin to which I backed off immediatly. I have not even played an entire song through them. I pull the subs to check everything out and test the impedences on every coil and am reading a steady 2 ohm across the board. I wish I would have thought to do so before ever evening wiring them. So my question is did I just ruin my brand new subs before I even got to play a song? I can barely even have the gain turned up a hair from being completely turned off. Is this all due to my enclosure size or what?

Other notes 

-memphis 4gauge install kit used

-Memphis was ran in left hand side race way, audio and turn on in passenger side raceway. 

-Have not turned abused them by inpulsive amp maxxing. 

-After whiting subs  in parrelell I tested the wire ends before connecting to amp and couldn't get anything other than 0 impedence. 

Any input would be great, did I kill after the ohms of my subs? Would that short time testing trying to mess with settings and figure out the problem be enough to do this to my subs. I'm going to add extra walls in my box to achieve .5 cu ft like the  specs recommended but worried I won't be able to achieve my 1ohm goal now. Thanks.  

check for any leaks in the sealed box. Play the subs free air to see if there's any damage on the sub. Check your grounds resistance. Check voltage drops.

Other than that, sealed is dog sh*t in a truck. Side ported is the way to go for any actual results thats louder than doors speakers. Never go sealed in a truck. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.