What happened to the internet?

Talontsi90

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Is it just me, or has a lot of older info just gone missing? Im trying to find some articles or pics on Frank Rougeau's award winning 1990 Civic and NOTHING comes up at all. I find that hard to believe. But, its not only that, its like the search engines are limiting results to the last 10 years or less for a LOT of stuff. Its kinda like someone took a data dump and archived it so the public couldnt find it.

democrats are getting desperate...they are getting rid of any info about themselves from the past...."think for yourself, question authority" - MJK

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure Maynard is a liberal, so its completely assanine to blame democrats for the algorithms that big tech develops and then follow up with a quote from an incredibly liberal musician.

Fucking retards.....
who cares its a great quote either way....you must be a dumbycrat

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me, or has a lot of older info just gone missing? Im trying to find some articles or pics on Frank Rougeau's award winning 1990 Civic and NOTHING comes up at all. I find that hard to believe. But, its not only that, its like the search engines are limiting results to the last 10 years or less for a LOT of stuff. Its kinda like someone took a data dump and archived it so the public couldnt find it.
People shouldve held onto their old car audio magazines if they wanted to research car audio past . But people put to much trust in the government controlled internet in always giving them the information they seeked or wanted . As in many many topics and subjects lost forever not just car audio . Now Americans are in too much of a hurry trying to forget the past .. giving out mis information  on the past while trying to brain wash the newest breed ... now they are wiping out the internet slowly but surely...Never trust the US Government.. the Native Americans trusted the Government and look what happened to them ....

I say hold on to your old Car Audio & Electronics Magazines, Car Stereo magazines as they contained information that would be hard to find today.  I understand that the trend has changed today and people buying car audio gear are not interested to know the THD or signal to noise ration of their gear.  Those old magazine had testing and results published against other similar gear and it was so informative to read up on them regardless of its cosmetic looks.  I suppose the current car audio buyers are just on interested on the gear and they google if they need to know if a product is worth buying before they make any purchase.  The downside is, that any Joe Bloggs can purchase, abuse gear and then write it to be a crappy product without fully understand how to use the product.  That is my issue with the internet with regards to product review.

20151109_163243.jpg

I say hold on to your old Car Audio & Electronics Magazines, Car Stereo magazines as they contained information that would be hard to find today.  I understand that the trend has changed today and people buying car audio gear are not interested to know the THD or signal to noise ration of their gear.  Those old magazine had testing and results published against other similar gear and it was so informative to read up on them regardless of its cosmetic looks.  I suppose the current car audio buyers are just on interested on the gear and they google if they need to know if a product is worth buying before they make any purchase.  The downside is, that any Joe Bloggs can purchase, abuse gear and then write it to be a crappy product without fully understand how to use the product.  That is my issue with the internet with regards to product review.

View attachment 4619
Yea, ive got a few issues from way back when. And yes, youre 100% correct on the stats bit, they only car about Android or Carplay these days. I had my 2017 Mazda 3 Gt 4 months before i realized there wasnt a CD player. That pissed me off cause i could swear the advert said it had one and i got it used. Now i have to add one and im insanely picky about what gear ill use.

I still have my large collection...

View attachment 4646

View attachment 4647
That's worth its weight in Gold mate!  I am still pissed off from selling mine over 10 years ago but  I have a mate who has some of these books.  I just loved the contents, from new and upcoming gadgets, show vehicles, DIY car installs, and comprehensive reviews of car audio gear and the detailed bench testing against other products. Those were the days of Richard Clark and David Navone from Autosound 2000.  Peter Mitchell (the late) used to test subwoofers,  I couldn't imagine this guy who looked like Santa Clause was testing in-car subwoofers in a test vehicle, Classic!  

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Talontsi90

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Talontsi90
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
YourNameHere