Recommend some mids

Participant count
  • Participants list

phantom240
5,000+ posts

ALL YOUR INTERNETZ
Getting really frustrated. Had to replace font stage and amp. Completely unsatisfied with what I've got now. Front tweeters sound great, rear fill is... filling. But the front mids are atrocious. They sound flat and lifeless, and I have to send gobs of power at them to get any decent response below 300hz, but even then they don't sound convincing. My old JBL component set sounded like a rich symphony, while these... meh. So I'm looking for recommendations for a good set of 4 ohm mids capable of 80+RMS under $200, and would like some half decent low end extension because the kick drums on my current mids are ANEMIC. Currently running a brand new set of 6.75" ID CTX65CS (crossed 100hz -18dB, any lower or less aggressive they get gross) components up front, some JBL 2 way coax in the rear (120hz -18dB), powered by a JAD800.4 installed and gains set this evening. 

Last edited by a moderator:
How much depth are you working with? Maybe look at Exodus Anarchy 704’s. Monster midbass for under $150. There’s a pair of Morel Ti634FT mids for sale on FB for $200 right now. I could put you in contact with the seller, if those interest you.

Depth is no issue. Going in the doors of an '02 Avalanche. I've got probably 5" or better to work with. Not sure I'm cool with buying on FB unless I can meet in person.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.