New Car Install Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Budget Bumpin

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey everyone, I've been out of the car audio game for a few years but got the itch to swing back around. I used to have an account on this site, or i think it was Car Audio Forums? I don't know, doesn't matter, lol. The last couple installs I did were on a 2014 Ford Fusion and a 2012 Chrysler 200. With those installs I used an LOC to tap into the rear speakers to be able to wire the RCA's to the amp.

My question is, is that still a good method to use? I just bought a 2019 GMC Terrain and would like to throw a couple 8's in for a little base, but am unsure where to even begin on newer vehicles and I really do not want to go to a shop.

the rear speakers are okay as long as they are playing a full range signal. they are doing a lot of funky processing on newer cars OEM systems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.