2012 ford mustang shaker 500 help

Participant count
  • Participants list

Jimg

CarAudio.com Regular
Not sure I am posting this in the correct forum section.

Looking for ideas on replacing the door speakers in a 2012 ford mustang.  Replacing the 8 inch speakers. has the shaker 500 factory system.

Will be adding some subs in the back so not looking to keep the subs in the doors.  But some midrange would be nice up front

First problem    the factory amp that runs the subs in the door.

My first option was looking at running a audiocontrol lc2i using the back speaker wires to power up and send signal to.   , run one amp to the door sub location and a 2nd amp for the subs in the trunk off the LC2i

Second problem is the mounting depth being shallow in the door sub location.

Thinking about going with a component speaker of some type.  Possible building some type of mounting bracket to make them fit.

What are the options that will work? in replacing the door 8in subs with something different. 

Factory depth I think is 3.2 inches.  

thinking about not going back with an 8 inch in the door

would rather go with a component speaker setup.  Has anyone built a template to do this?  

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.