Factory sound processors?

jjohnston
10+ year member

I have a 2019 traverse with the standard stereo.  I plan to install infinity speakers, and a factory processor/amp to eq etc.  But I'm curious before I get to far.  How well do these processors work?  I've hooked infinity speakers up to factory decks before and it sounded worse...  Will the processor/amp help?  I want it to sound better than factory, not worse lol.

I have a 2019 traverse with the standard stereo.  I plan to install infinity speakers, and a factory processor/amp to eq etc.  But I'm curious before I get to far.  How well do these processors work?  I've hooked infinity speakers up to factory decks before and it sounded worse...  Will the processor/amp help?  I want it to sound better than factory, not worse lol.
it depends on the processor if it has a factory DE-EQ and signal summing tthen it would be fine. If it doesn't then its not going to help. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if I was a bit confusing in my first post.  My goal is to take the factory speaker outputs, into the high level inputs of the AudioControl unit, then do the processing work, then outputs from that into the infinity spakers.  I just have never used one of the integration amps, so wanted to see if anyone had experience in how they sounded.  I don't want it to sound the same or get worse.  I also didn't know if it was a very small increase, or if it was a pretty noticable one, or if it was WOW, this is crazy better...  lol

Your out come will depend a lot on your door prep. Did you prep your doors last time you replaced your factory speakers?

A lot of people that replace factory speakers with aftermarket speakers don't do anything to their doors and are surprised when the factory speakers sounded better.

Personally with that amp I'd buy raw drivers and  just use it for the front stage. I assume you have a sub 

nope, no sub.  when you say raw drivers, do you mean get the processor, and keep the factory speakers, or do you mean processor and front speakers and leave it as that?

nope, no sub.  when you say raw drivers, do you mean get the processor, and keep the factory speakers, or do you mean processor and front speakers and leave it as that?
No sub huh? That takes a lot of the wow factor out of it. 125x4 with no low end to support it. Idk man seems like a waste of time to me anyway 

That has a sub out on the amplifier I believe. Would be easy to add a sub and mono amp. 

Raw drivers from companies like scan speak dayton wavecore hivi etc. A pair of mids and a pair of tweeters in the front what I was referring to 

yeah, no sub.  But the factory system doesn't have a sub either.  The speakers I'm looking at go down to 37hz, so I'm hoping its "enough" bass.  BUT I don't want to find it has less bass than factory.

yeah, no sub.  But the factory system doesn't have a sub either.  The speakers I'm looking at go down to 37hz, so I'm hoping its "enough" bass.  BUT I don't want to find it has less bass than factory.
Just because the stated frequency response says they can go down to 37 hz it doe snot mean they will playing in a shitty enclosure like a car door you will be lucky to get down into the 60's.

What happens at 36hz?

Imo that would depend a great deal on the enclosure on their response. It's much easier to get woofers to respond from around 80 hz up in a car door  (the enclosure) and let the sub or subs fill in the lows. I wish you luck though sounds like you might need it. 

ugh, lots of ideologies here.  In a perfect world, I would rock out with multiple subs, custom made fiberglass enclosures, aiming the speakers directly at my face, with sound proofing, gut the factory system, and install a $2,000 head unit, etc.  

Unfortunately there are constraints.  Money being a big one, its a family hauler not a show car, and many more.  So, while I do agree your comments are all VERY valid and correct, I think a step back needs to be taken to better understand the exact situation.  

The primary goal is to gain a better sound over factory, keeping everything hidden, and factory look, and within a reasonable budget.  

If putting in Infinity Kappa 90csx speakers up front, with the tweeter in the dash factory tweeter location, and the woofer in the door (factory location), using factory speaker outputs into the high input on the processor, applying some EQ, etc, won't gain me ANY advantage than I will just move along and keep factory.  If my increase in SQ is modest, than I may just keep factory.  If my SQ gain is a decent amount I may continue to do it.

I'm not trying to bash the feedback and ideas, because I really appreciate all the responses and ideas.  I just want to make sure we keep things in perspective.

Thanks everyone for your help!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.