1 dvc 4ohm and 1 dvc 2ohm?

Participant count
  • Participant list
But, to answer your question... its not that simple. You can wire a sub to present a specific load to an amp, but when you have different "starting points" with different resistance voice coils, the amp will deliver different amounts of power based on the resistance load. If you have a 4 and an 8 ohm speaker, the 4 ohm will sound twice as loud as it has less resistance for the amp to push power to. If you had a dual 8ohm speaker,  you could theoretically make it appear to be 4ohms to the amp, but im not 100% sure it would be the same loudness as the straight 4 ohm would, although the math says it should. Its trickier with a 2ohm vc cause its either 4 or 1 ohm, but the 4ohm vc is 8 or 2. And you cant wire the subs 4 to 2 (3 ohm load) on each side and get the same volume either, at least im not 100% sure on that. Maybe someone else can chime in.

But, to answer your question... its not that simple. You can wire a sub to present a specific load to an amp, but when you have different "starting points" with different resistance voice coils, the amp will deliver different amounts of power based on the resistance load. If you have a 4 and an 8 ohm speaker, the 4 ohm will sound twice as loud as it has less resistance for the amp to push power to. If you had a dual 8ohm speaker,  you could theoretically make it appear to be 4ohms to the amp, but im not 100% sure it would be the same loudness as the straight 4 ohm would, although the math says it should. Its trickier with a 2ohm vc cause its either 4 or 1 ohm, but the 4ohm vc is 8 or 2. And you cant wire the subs 4 to 2 (3 ohm load) on each side and get the same volume either, at least im not 100% sure on that. Maybe someone else can chime in.
Makes sense . I had the 4ohm dvc already and went to get the matching one and totally forgot if mine was the 4ohm or 2ohm and I ended up getting the 2ohm . Just gonna take it back and get the 4ohm just to be on the safe side . Dont wanna end up fryin one of em or my amp . Thanks though !

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.