Equalizer Question

Participant count
  • Participants list

Bradford

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello everybody, new here. Been lurking and searching for a while but i have a question and couldn't seem to find if it's been covered. 

I'm in the final stages of buying gear before starting my install on my '15 Sierra extended cab. Setup listed is as follows:

Factory HU -> LC7i -> 4-channel for front components and rear door fills

1-channel for my 10" sub under the rear seat

I'm wondering if i will have enough flexibility with factory EQ or if i should send a flat signal out and tune with an EQ after my LC7i? Opinions?

Other thing is most EQ's I see have 1 input and multiple outputs. And with this setup listed above i would need multiple inputs (per channel) and multiple outputs. If you do suggest an EQ is there one on the market that will fit this setup that i just haven't found yet? 

Thanks for the help. 

Hello everybody, new here. Been lurking and searching for a while but i have a question and couldn't seem to find if it's been covered. 

I'm in the final stages of buying gear before starting my install on my '15 Sierra extended cab. Setup listed is as follows:

Factory HU -> LC7i -> 4-channel for front components and rear door fills

1-channel for my 10" sub under the rear seat

I'm wondering if i will have enough flexibility with factory EQ or if i should send a flat signal out and tune with an EQ after my LC7i? Opinions?

Other thing is most EQ's I see have 1 input and multiple outputs. And with this setup listed above i would need multiple inputs (per channel) and multiple outputs. If you do suggest an EQ is there one on the market that will fit this setup that i just haven't found yet? 

Thanks for the help. 
none of that fixes the sh*tty signal coming from the factory head unit due to built in high pass filters and sh*tty stock factory eq curve(to compensate for sh*tty stock speakers). I'd save up for something that dequalizes the signal and flattens everything out summing all the signals and restoring the bass.  The audiocontrol lc7 is literally all boosts, no actual sound restoration at all, just a sh*tty loc.  However if you just want something louder than stock then you'll be fine, if you want actual sound quality, definitely look into a DSP setup.  Dayton DSP, audison bit one, rockford 360.3 etc...  All have crossovers, time alignment, 31 band parametric eqs etc..  Those stand alone EQs are more trouble than they are worth SQ wise.

Look and see if your model and year is supported by the rockford DSR-1 with maestro. simple plug and play for a 4x8 dsp

Thanks for the input. Quick Google search shows it doesn't support any GM products.
Look into an aftermarket headunit with factory integration unless the cost is too high, otherwise follow jeffs advice hes messed around with the **** enough to know what processing is needed for oem headunits

you won't miss out on much by simply using a bluetooth dongle for a dsp and completely leaving out the headunit and rewiring the speakers to an amp if all you want is to listen to music from your phone

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.