Sign in to follow this  
JRsmoothee

Sky High Car Audio WTF!!

so i ordered a MANL fuse holder....this is what i got, an AGU fuse holder with MANL ends...cant even tighten or get an MANL fuse in it...haha wtf

20190315_102755.jpg

20190315_102822.jpg

2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee : Alpine ILX-207 : Morel Tempo Ultra 6x9 components : Infinity Perfect 300m 3.5 midrange : Zapco ST-6X SQ : Dayton Audio DSP : 12" Adire Audio Brahma / 2.45 cuft @ 26hz : DC Audio 1.2K  : Stock 160A ALT. Odyssey Battery(engine) : Stinger Battery (back) : and plenty of CLD & MLV

you cant tighten the fuse down.....look at how its designed (unless im just retarded today)

Edited by JRsmoothee

2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee : Alpine ILX-207 : Morel Tempo Ultra 6x9 components : Infinity Perfect 300m 3.5 midrange : Zapco ST-6X SQ : Dayton Audio DSP : 12" Adire Audio Brahma / 2.45 cuft @ 26hz : DC Audio 1.2K  : Stock 160A ALT. Odyssey Battery(engine) : Stinger Battery (back) : and plenty of CLD & MLV

Im missing something... unless youre saying because of the design you cant use an Allen wrench, its not captured, the whole center should slide out.

12 minutes ago, JRsmoothee said:

you cant tighten the fuse down.....look at how its designed (unless im just retarded today)

Sofa king wee todded 

The way the ends are designed, you cant slide in the guts with an attached fuse. It was a mispick/mispackage. Just contact sky high, I'm sure they will straighten it out for you. 

giphy.gif

Looks like this MANL fuse holder but why is the packaging labeled AGU?

http://skyhighcaraudio.com/sky-high-car-audio-manl-fuse-holder/

AGU would be this one.

http://skyhighcaraudio.com/sky-high-car-audio-agu-fuse-holder/

Pioneer DEH-S6120BS head unit, Alpine R-S65C.2 comps, RF P300.2 amp, SSA Demon 12" subwoofer, vented box 3.28ft^3 @ 41.12hz, JBL GTR-1001 amp, Knukonceptz fuse blocks/wiring, Stinger 4k series rca's. 

this isnt the first time they have screwed up.....i ordered a 5ft chunk of 4awg OFC and i received a 1ft chunk of 2/0awg OFC, i think im done ordering from these guys

13 minutes ago, THATpurpleKUSH said:

The way the ends are designed, you cant slide in the guts with an attached fuse. It was a mispick/mispackage. Just contact sky high, I'm sure they will straighten it out for you. 

Yea, you could.

18 minutes ago, Talontsi90 said:

Yea, you could.

No....its a shitty design...its going in the trash

Edited by JRsmoothee

Those fuse holders are garbage.

These are cheapppp and very high quality. All I use now.

https://www.vtewarehouse.com/content/electromech/fuse/html/anl/anlfuse.php

Edited by Popwarhomie

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

34 minutes ago, Popwarhomie said:

Very nice, but a 25 minimum. With all the options on eBay,. i dont understand why anyone buys from an actual "audio" seller.

21 minutes ago, Talontsi90 said:

Very nice, but a 25 minimum. With all the options on eBay,. i dont understand why anyone buys from an actual "audio" seller.

not a 25 minimum, a $25 minimum. Huge difference. You probably shouldn't be in audio if $25 for multiple quality fuse holders is a lot to you

I AM The Future of personal transportation, NOW!!
Pretty sure everyone on this site hates you (@JohnKuthe) more then me and that's very hard to accomplish.

59 minutes ago, Popwarhomie said:

Looks like something a spam bot would write at first glance

Edited by wew lad

Pretty sure everyone on this site hates you (@JohnKuthe) more then me and that's very hard to accomplish.

11 minutes ago, wew lad said:

not a 25 minimum, a $25 minimum. Huge difference. You probably shouldn't be in audio if $25 for multiple quality fuse holders is a lot to you

No kidding, my $ didnt go through lol. I only need one and will be making my own. Why would i need to buy 5 of them?

Edited by Talontsi90

7 minutes ago, Talontsi90 said:

No kidding, my $ didnt go through lol. I only need one and will be making my own. Why would i need to buy 5 of them?

Because you can't buy one of that quality for $25 less than anything out there. 

When you're trying to make efficient high current connections that don't increase in resistance over time you're willing to pay a little more. Not to mention the builds that are actually loud break fuse holders, I've seen it multiple times. The shitty ones on ebay or anywhere else for cheap have 0 glass fiber in the plastic. It's literally the crappiest sewer plastic china can produce for cheap, you know it when you see it.

Edited by wew lad

2 minutes ago, wew lad said:

Because you can't buy one of that quality for $25 less than anything out there. 

When you're trying to make efficient high current connections that don't increase in resistance over time you're willing to pay a little more. Not to mention the builds that are actually loud break fuse holders, I've seen it multiple times. The shitty ones on ebay or anywhere else for cheap have 0 glass fiber in the plastic. It's literally the crappiest sewer plastic china can produce for cheap, you know it when you see it.

Now youre just putting words in my mouth and i dont appreciate that. I never said buy cheap shit, i just said there were a lot of options.

1 minute ago, Talontsi90 said:

Now youre just putting words in my mouth and i dont appreciate that. I never said buy cheap shit, i just said there were a lot of options.

putting words in your mouth != explaining what cheap fuse holders are

I don't see a single sentence that even references you specifically

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this