No sound on subwoofers

Did you set up the receiver so it knows you have a subwoofer? That's done in the speaker set up menu. All the other speakers should be connected to the receiver and set for small. There is a bass level control there. The main volume and bass level on the subwoofer also control how loud the sub will play. The listening mode on the sub may affect the sound too.

Did you set up the receiver so it knows you have a subwoofer? That's done in the speaker set up menu. All the other speakers should be connected to the receiver and set for small. There is a bass level control there. The main volume and bass level on the subwoofer also control how loud the sub will play. The listening mode on the sub may affect the sound too.
There is a bass level control there. The main volume and bass level on the subwoofer also control how loud the sub will play. The listening mode on the sub may affect the sound too.

Lucky Patcherhttps://inro.in/lucky-patcher/ 9Apps VidMate

ok, so its all installed with the subwoofer not playing.  Few things to check here mate;

• check amplifier wiring, from battery, ground, remote wire
  • check if the RCA is plugged to the amplifier;
  • check if the amplifier is being switched on when your head unit is turned on;
  • use a multimeter to check subwoofer box connection. 
  • if you don't have one, open the subwoofer to check it the speaker terminals are secure and connected
  • use the multimeter to check your subwoofer resistance ( hope its not a fried voice coil)
  • check amplifier is turning on, if not then check power, ground / rca connections;
  • Finally if all seems to be connect on the trunk area, then you may have to gain access to the rear of the head unit to check all connections;
  • check if the battery positive fuse / circuit breaker is not switched off or the fuse is blown
  • check your ground from battery to the amplifier to the vehicle chassis.
  • if all works then also check your RCA resistance, and speaker wire to the subwoofer as well.
  • check remote wire that turns the amp on, could be broken or touching ground or just spliced during install so no signal is going to your subwoofer amp.

Hope this helps you out mate!

I have had this is issue in the past So I tried turning my my gain on the amp and the bass rummbled once more Best of luck 

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.