Daniel Rodriguez

No sound on subwoofers

I just installed a new sound system to my truck but my subwoofers wont thump..i intalled everything on my freinds car and it worked fine...could my faulty car battery cause the problem on my truck..

Did you set up the receiver so it knows you have a subwoofer? That's done in the speaker set up menu. All the other speakers should be connected to the receiver and set for small. There is a bass level control there. The main volume and bass level on the subwoofer also control how loud the sub will play. The listening mode on the sub may affect the sound too.

You had time to install it into your buddy's vehicle after you installed it into yours? That's dope. Wish I had a second car mainly for test purposes. 

JVC KD-R330

Memphis PR 6.5"

JBL GTO938 6x9"

Dual SBPA8

KnuKonceptz Kolossus 4ga

20dB

Alrighty then....

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

Check if your amp is getting any signal. All wiring from amp to subs. 

thkf1mqd.jpg

On 3/22/2019 at 7:39 PM, slide95 said:

Did you set up the receiver so it knows you have a subwoofer? That's done in the speaker set up menu. All the other speakers should be connected to the receiver and set for small. There is a bass level control there. The main volume and bass level on the subwoofer also control how loud the sub will play. The listening mode on the sub may affect the sound too.

There is a bass level control there. The main volume and bass level on the subwoofer also control how loud the sub will play. The listening mode on the sub may affect the sound too.

Lucky Patcher 9Apps VidMate

ok, so its all installed with the subwoofer not playing.  Few things to check here mate;

• check amplifier wiring, from battery, ground, remote wire
  • check if the RCA is plugged to the amplifier;
  • check if the amplifier is being switched on when your head unit is turned on;
  • use a multimeter to check subwoofer box connection. 
  • if you don't have one, open the subwoofer to check it the speaker terminals are secure and connected
  • use the multimeter to check your subwoofer resistance ( hope its not a fried voice coil)
  • check amplifier is turning on, if not then check power, ground / rca connections;
  • Finally if all seems to be connect on the trunk area, then you may have to gain access to the rear of the head unit to check all connections;
  • check if the battery positive fuse / circuit breaker is not switched off or the fuse is blown
  • check your ground from battery to the amplifier to the vehicle chassis.
  • if all works then also check your RCA resistance, and speaker wire to the subwoofer as well.
  • check remote wire that turns the amp on, could be broken or touching ground or just spliced during install so no signal is going to your subwoofer amp.

Hope this helps you out mate!

I have had this is issue in the past So I tried turning my my gain on the amp and the bass rummbled once more Best of luck 

Edited by Cruzie Skillz

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now