Buzzing noise from subwoofer/amp

Participant count
  • Participants list

Brett1210

CarAudio.com Newbie
I’m looking for some help with solving a buzzing noise that’s coming from area of the factory amp/sub enclosure. It’s a 2005 Ford F-150 Lariat. The amp and sub are underneath the drivers side rear seat.  About 4 years ago I replaced the stock head with a Pioneer App Radio 4, and upgraded the 4 door speakers as well.

Everything has worked great until very recently.  The buzzing starts after I turn the ignition to the ON position and the head unit boots up, even if there is no music playing. If I turn the key to off, the head unit stays on but the buzzing stops. The head unit only shuts off once a door is opened in my truck. I’ve tested it many times and it never fails - turn key on and it buzzes, turn key off and music is crystal clear with no buzzing. 

I’m not sure exactly when this started. The only recent significant event was that my trucks’s battery went dead after I left it outside in the extreme cold for a week. I had to jump it and it really didn’t want to start since the battery acid had turned to slush.  Could this have damaged the amp?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!  

Thanks for reading!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.