From and back speakers wired together. How?

Participant count
  • Participants list

James JS

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello,

Apologies for my first post being a help one.

In our new (to us) car, a Corsa D, the previous owner fitted extra speakers in the parcel shelf and a new stereo.  I've removed the speakers and replaced the stereo with the original (Kenwood one was damaged), but have discovered that the front and rear built in speakers are now both set as front speakers as far as the fader is concerned.

I'd like to address this (teenagers like louder music than I do). I'd be very grateful for any advice on how he might have done this please.  Would it be near the stereo, or would I need to look in the doors?

I suspect it will have been done the easiest way possible, as all the changes felt somewhat amateur (stereo was partly glue-gunned in, one speaker connections are twisted wires)

I'm grateful for any adcice.

Thanks

Jay

likely they ran new wires and connected them to the wires behind the head unit or maybe in the kick panel (near the floor at each front corner).  I doubt they would have wired at the door speakers.  Trace the wiring from the rear speakers to the point where it intercepts the factory front speaker wiring, then re-route to the rear speaker outputs on the head unit. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.