What is legitimately the best 12 or 15 inch sub?

carolina_stig

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I got some money together and a better job. I want something where I look at it, I can say “this mf is bulletproof” I’m going to have a friend build me a sealed box. 

I am not sure if I want two 12s or two 15s or one 12 or one 15. Which setup should I choose? Is having two subs better than one? I know one sub with more surface area and more watts will be better than let’s say 2 subs with half the surface area and half the watts. But there is so much I want, but I can’t choose a setup. So here I am coming to you guys for some help! Thank you! 

U need a price range for sure. And what amp do you have or are u getting. And why vehicle is it going into? U can blow up any woofer they arnt bullet proof. A dirty signal will burn up any voicecoil. 

So I got some money together and a better job. I want something where I look at it, I can say “this mf is bulletproof” I’m going to have a friend build me a sealed box. 

I am not sure if I want two 12s or two 15s or one 12 or one 15. Which setup should I choose? Is having two subs better than one? I know one sub with more surface area and more watts will be better than let’s say 2 subs with half the surface area and half the watts. But there is so much I want, but I can’t choose a setup. So here I am coming to you guys for some help! Thank you! 
2 15's

the best subs are not the ones you put in a sealed box ever especially the ones that look bullet proof. They literally are made to perform well in ported and perform like trash in sealed.  

there are subs that are engineered to work well in sealed and are pretty beefy so i'll list it here. 

https://stereointegrity.com/product/hst15-15-subwoofer/

the best subs are not the ones you put in a sealed box ever especially the ones that look bullet proof. They literally are made to perform well in ported and perform like trash in sealed.  

there are subs that are engineered to work well in sealed and are pretty beefy so i'll list it here. 

https://stereointegrity.com/product/hst15-15-subwoofer/
 a part of me wants to wall 4 of those just for the hell of it

U need a price range for sure. And what amp do you have or are u getting. And why vehicle is it going into? U can blow up any woofer they arnt bullet proof. A dirty signal will burn up any voicecoil. 
Price range I’m looking at around $500-$800 vehicle depends, right now I have a 1993 Honda Accord but by the time I get the items I want I’ll have a newer car by then. 

Why in the world would you run a sealed box. With an accord you will most likely be limited to two 12s ported or a single 15" ported.

A B stock Sundown NSv4 15" is in your $800 range. But you are going to need quite a bit of power and electrical upgrades to properly power one.

Two B stock sundown X 12s are in your price range.

Was there an amp or goals mentioned?  Or did I miss them.  If the vehicle is changing that could cause issues.

Also, there is never a singular best.  There is great options for your install, budget, and needs.

Was there an amp or goals mentioned?  Or did I miss them.  If the vehicle is changing that could cause issues.

Also, there is never a singular best.  There is great options for your install, budget, and needs. 
Agreed, even with any unlimited budget there is still no best although most would say dd z's or sundown 24's or t3 19's or something crazy

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.