What would be better then 2 kicker 41l7122

Trevor Weinberg

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a kxa2400.1 kicker amp and I am looking for something that will hit harder then 2 new kicker l7 41l7122 900 rms.  Budget  Is around 1000 per sub but would go more if it was worth it. As long as the SQ is as good as the l7. 

The car is a Nissan Altima coupe. 

Last edited by a moderator:
L7s have minimal sound quality so I dont know what you are saying. Literally any real sub would destroy them in output and sound quality. Your power will be your limiting factor. If you aren't swapping power or enclosures, swapping out subs wont do a single thing.

That’s exactly what I was saying about the sound quality. I have to L5 and they sound good to me I don’t need better I want louder And I’m running 1100 W RMS  now and am going to 2400 watt rms. What sub would be better  because I looked at sundown, psi, JL, and Orion And for any of those at that power the L7 are just as good.  Could you give me some make and models of the ones that you say you would destroy them in output, That I can run on my 2400 W amp? I was thinking of 2 JL W7 but  from when I read the kickers would be louder. 

I've had L7s. Sound like shat even in a nicely built ported box.  So almost any subwoofer would sound better.

Are you going to be building a box for them or using a crappy prefab?  

Have you upgraded your electrical to support 2400 watts?

I would wait on the new Sundown SA v4 to come out personally.

I will have a custom box build by sounds incredible in Danbury Connecticut And yes I just got the xs power x 2  and I also have a decent size capacitor forgot how big I think it’s  around 3 F.  I will look into those does anybody else have any suggestions about things that are out now that I can buy

I will have a custom box build by sounds incredible in Danbury Connecticut And yes I just got the xs power x 2  and I also have a decent size capacitor forgot how big I think it’s  around 3 F.  I will look into those does anybody else have any suggestions about things that are out now that I can buy
i'd get rid of the capacitor and just add more batteries. The capacitor limits the voltage to the amps which is bad for the amps. If you already have those 12s in a proper custom ported box and dont really plan on upgrading power, you wont see that big of a loudness increase.  But if you get something like a taramps md 8000.1 plus a pair of beefy subs from https://droppinhzcaraudio.com/ or https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/,  you'll see some actual gains otherwise 1ish db gain is not worth it.

Why do i have to  go through all this just to get a name of a Sub everybody wants to chime in But no one’s actually giving me names of subs That will be louder than the L7 q class using a 2400 rms amp

I have 1000 watt and 2 l5 12 inch now  don’t know why that matters.  Because I’m asking what would be the loudest so I can run with a new 2400 watt amp. I pick this amp because of this size I do not have room for a bigger one. 

Also can someone tell me how I capacitor limits voltage to the amp? 

Altima coupes have a notoriously small trunk. As far as I know the most cone area you can effectively squeeze in there is a pair of 10s. If i remember, the opening of the trunk where it meets the cabin is real narrow so a trunk wall would only be feasible with a 15. 

What’s the point of having a forum  for car audio that no one can answer questions  instead of writing stupid responses on how to save your time and mine just keep it to yourself. 

What’s the point in asking questions if you don’t listen to what people have to say?

There are so many factors that would play a role in “what two 12s would be louder than my current two 12s”. 

You want a quick answer. Buy some Sundown SA series. 

Sell that 2400. Buy a Taramps md8000 and two Sundown U 12s.  Ditch the capacitor. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.