Wiring harness question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dustin Totty

CarAudio.com Newbie
ello all, first off I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this but anyways, recently my girlfriend bought a 2011 Jeep Patriot & the factory radio hardly worked and the aux input on it was janky it would go in and out like the radio itself. So she ended up buying an aftermarket pioneer CD player. Now I have installed many aftermarket CD players but I ran into a problem, something I had never encountered before. So she got a wire harness off amazon and I hooked up all the speaker wires to the wires coming from the back of the CD player and then I get to start hooking up the Red (constant) power wire and notice that the red wire itself came detached from the wire harness that plugs in behind the CD player, the red wire also came with a small gold bracket and I honestly have no idea how I’m supposed to hook it up & I really don’t want to run it to a fuse because I know that can’t be the absolute correct way to hook it up, if anyone has ran into this before and knows what to do, the help would be much appreciated, thanks! Also I’ll share a picture of the red power wire that came detached with the bracket

720C2DF3-ECF0-44DC-82B8-4BD379AF1FFB.jpeg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.