Pop when powers off

Participant count
  • Participants list

saboken

I have 2 amps a 1000w 4 channel for the door speakers and a 2 channel bridged amp for my sub, the thing is while running the sub amp in bridged mode it’s perfect but when I add a second sub and use it as a 2 channel amp I get a loud POP when the system shuts the amp off! Both subs are 2 ohm and the amp is supposed to handle this setup! It doesn’t matter if the volume is all the way down or 1/4 1/2 3/4 I get the pop unless I bridge the amp with just one sub? Any ideas is it the amp do I need a new one or is there a filter I can use or do I need a Cap? to stop this it’s loud enough that it may damage the subs eventually.

popping noise from the subwoofer indicates a power mismatch in the circuit. The popping noise occurs as the amplifier tries to produce more voltage than it can to meet the demands of the subwoofer. How did you set your gain(s)? Sounds too high.

The 'pop' noise is a ground loop caused by the voltage drop in your system when there is a surge in power, its pretty common in car audio issues.  There a few ways to remedy your situation;

• Ground your RCA'S from the source unit - most head units have poor RCA grounding internally.  One way to fix this issue is to ground your RCAs' back to the head unit chassis.  The way you do it is , disconnect your RCA from head unit,  splice some speaker wire and run a figure 8 around the RCA inputs of your head unit. then, apply solder to the figure 8  to hold its shape, and ground it to a point of the head unit.  Use one of the screw points on the head unit to ground it.   Insert your RCA's back to the source unit.
  • Check your grounding points in your system, from head unit, amp ground distributer and the amp itself to ensure strong connection.
  • Check or upgrade your car battery ground as well;
  • It does not matter how many amps you are running in your ride, proper ground is very important, hence the 12v negative ground as current runs from NEGATIVE to positive terminal from your battery. :veryhapp:
  • Hope this would solve your issue mate! :suave:
1389395883349.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.