Amp and Wiring Kit Recommendation

Participant count
  • Participants list

adibee

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey all, I am planning to add a powered sub-woofer and an amp for the aftermarket speakers I installed last year for my RX7. Here are the things I already have for the audio system:

- A set of Rockford Fosgate R14X2 Prime Full Range Coaxial Speaker - 4"

- A set of Polk Audio DB651 6.5"/6.75" 2-Way

Rockford Fosgate P300-12 Punch

- Head Unit Joying Android

Need you guys expert suggestion on a good cheap amplifier for the speakers above and an amp wiring kit to install both the powered subwoofer(Purchased a few days ago) and the amplifier.

PS: Batteries have been relocated to the trunk of the car.

Thanks in Advance

Hey all, I am planning to add a powered sub-woofer and an amp for the aftermarket speakers I installed last year for my RX7. Here are the things I already have for the audio system:

- A set of Rockford Fosgate R14X2 Prime Full Range Coaxial Speaker - 4"

- A set of Polk Audio DB651 6.5"/6.75" 2-Way

Rockford Fosgate P300-12 Punch

- Head Unit Joying Android

Need you guys expert suggestion on a good cheap amplifier for the speakers above and an amp wiring kit to install both the powered subwoofer(Purchased a few days ago) and the amplifier.

PS: Batteries have been relocated to the trunk of the car.

Thanks in Advance
Nice to find a fellow rotary enthusiast on the car audio forums. FC or FD? Look at the machete 80.4. Any wiring options you need go to GPcaraudio.com. My .02 is run a run of 1/0 or 2/0 to the back to your battery from the alternator (overkill but always good to run bigger than you need) and then run 4 awg from there to your amps fusing each line. 

Nice to find a fellow rotary enthusiast on the car audio forums. FC or FD? Look at the machete 80.4. Any wiring options you need go to GPcaraudio.com. My .02 is run a run of 1/0 or 2/0 to the back to your battery from the alternator (overkill but always good to run bigger than you need) and then run 4 awg from there to your amps fusing each line. 

Thanks for the info dudeogo, It's a FC :). Is there any other cheaper option to the amp? I am not looking to upgrade anytime soon and just want better sound quality than what I have now. Do I need to buy a distributor to run the 4awg into and then split it to 2 8 awg wires that will feed into both the amps? Do you have a fc or a fd?

Thanks for the info dudeogo, It's a FC :). Is there any other cheaper option to the amp? I am not looking to upgrade anytime soon and just want better sound quality than what I have now. Do I need to buy a distributor to run the 4awg into and then split it to 2 8 awg wires that will feed into both the amps? Do you have a fc or a fd?
yes, there are. Keep in mind however, that quality comes with the price tag. Steer far clear of anything sold by Walmart. 

Skar RP 75.4 ($130) https://www.skaraudio.com/products/rp-75-4ab-car-amplifier (Okay)

Machete 50.4  ($150) https://gpcaraudio.com/deaf-bonce-machete-ma-50-4/   (Great)

Refurb Sundown 50.4 ($130) https://theamplab.net/sundown-audio-sae-50-4/   (Best)

if you need to go cheaper I can find a few more for you. But I personally think around the $120 mark is when these small amplifiers become higher quality. 

I actually have neither! I have the 13B and 5 Speed out of an 86 FC and I am putting it in a B2200 pickup!!

If you would like specific help on installing things feel free to shoot me a PM. I love helping new guys get it right the first time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the recommendations! Seriously this is going to help me alot in choosing an amp. What do you think about this one?

Rockford R300X4- Will this bottleneck the speakers I currently have?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.