Owen Lewis

Most boom for the square area

I'm putting a box under my bench seat in the back of my extended cab truck from subthump or sound off audio. Which would give me the best output in this limited space.

2 down firing 12s (kicker l7s) SEALED

4 front firing 8s (sundown x v2) PORTED

I think that they offer a 10 ported but I'm not sure. But I'm not sure they are able to make the port large enough to keep the port noise down for the 4 8s.

Should I just get 2 12 l7s sealed or hope for the best for the 4 8s. (Maybe the 2 10s ported also).

What vehicle? I highly doubt you have the room to properly utilize either setup.

Subthump boxes are good, I run one myself, but they dont magically make air space. The L7 12s need about 1.5cubes each to work correctly and the 4 eights will need 2.25-2.5 cubes total and a good bit of space for the port

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel

2013 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4x4

Pioneer touch screen with front and rear cam

Memphis viv component run active

2 alpine pdr-m65

1 alpine pdr-f50

2 jl 13tw5-3 in subthump understeat box

facing forward or towards ceiling.

I tried the down firing and I noticed the loss of bass from a X10 when I turned it on its side to fire forward.

The type of music you listen to will also help determine box setup.

Edited by West1

Mechman 270 HO alt

XS Power D3400

Duracell G31

FSD 2600

2 SA-15's

2007 Frontier

2005 GMC 2500 extend cab. Just going off of their specs it should have enough air space for the kickers sealed. I was wanting to go with the kicker set up just to keep them protected from peoples feet in the backseat if I went with the 4 8s.

http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Custom-Subwoofer-Boxes/Chevy-Silverado-and-GMC-Sierra-Extended-And-Double-Cab-Sub-Enclosures-by-Subthump/99-06-GM-Extended-Cab-Ultra-Deep-MAXX-Dual-1012-Downfire-Box-NEW.html 

But it it's gonna sound like shit I'll go with the 8s but don't know it it'll be practical

https://www.soundoffaudio.com/1999-2006-silverado-ext-cab-quad-8-vented-box/

2 hours ago, Owen Lewis said:

2005 GMC 2500 extend cab. Just going off of their specs it should have enough air space for the kickers sealed. I was wanting to go with the kicker set up just to keep them protected from peoples feet in the backseat if I went with the 4 8s.

http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Custom-Subwoofer-Boxes/Chevy-Silverado-and-GMC-Sierra-Extended-And-Double-Cab-Sub-Enclosures-by-Subthump/99-06-GM-Extended-Cab-Ultra-Deep-MAXX-Dual-1012-Downfire-Box-NEW.html 

But it it's gonna sound like shit I'll go with the 8s but don't know it it'll be practical

https://www.soundoffaudio.com/1999-2006-silverado-ext-cab-quad-8-vented-box/

Kicker downfire idea is horrible. The 2nd idea, those premade sub boxes are designed like sh*T for sound performance wise, too little port area aka port too damn small and you want an actual loading wall meaning with a port, you need a solid wall in the vehicle to bounce off of meaning port needs to fire towards your passenger door. 

Watch this video, This is your exact car done right. If you have wood, build the box yourself.

Edited by Jeffdachef

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now