Massive CT2II's

Participant count
  • Participant list

C-LocJiggleNuts

CarAudio.com Recruit
Kicking my CDT ES1200i's to the curb and swapping them with the Massive CT2II's. Pretty stoked to hear the difference. From what I've read on the forums about the CT2 I can't the CT2II's would be a bad deal. I'm assuming they're just the new version? Have any of you guys tried the new version? Opinions on them? Should I keep the CDT tweets installed?  

I love mine.  Honestly I have no idea what the difference is if there is one.

Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 2.35.39 AM.png

i was the pioneer to using them haha. Its a pretty good standard baseline for an all around high output durable and airy tweeter for bassheads and the borderline bass/SQ crowd. The main advantage is with the swivel pods that are included for the installation on axis. The off axis performance is pretty decent too but i'd go with on axis if possible.

I had CDT ES02 wide band mid/tweets and was horrified by how sh*tty the sound quality and output is. The ES-06 i had sounded overly annoying with too forward upper midrange as well. Keep in mind, properly deadened doors on my old vehicle the way KHA deadens it. 80 prs ran active, just shitty results while every other driver I used sounded great out the box and amazing with tuning. Because of that experience and paying that kind of cash for their ES series... I personally dont like CDT one bit, i'd rather get audiofrog or HAT or Seas or scanspeaks if I were to drop that kind of cash. Of course this is my own opinion and experiences, others might differ.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always value your opinion Jeff. The 6 1/2’s in the doors are ok for now being CDT but I did just buy a new 6 channel Arc audio amp and once I get that installed and

i was the pioneer to using them haha. Its a pretty good standard baseline for an all around high output durable and airy tweeter for bassheads and the borderline bass/SQ crowd. The main advantage is with the swivel pods that are included for the installation on axis. The off axis performance is pretty decent too but i'd go with on axis if possible.

I had CDT ES02 wide band mid/tweets and was horrified by how sh*tty the sound quality and output is. The ES-06 i had sounded overly annoying with too forward upper midrange as well. Keep in mind, properly deadened doors on my old vehicle the way KHA deadens it. 80 prs ran active, just shitty results while every other driver I used sounded great out the box and amazing with tuning. Because of that experience and paying that kind of cash for their ES series... I personally dont like CDT one bit, i'd rather get audiofrog or HAT or Seas or scanspeaks if I were to drop that kind of cash.
the active setup in tune I may switch to something else. Sounds like the CT’s were the right choice though. 

looks like the main difference between the old version and the new version is its not german silk anymore, some other kind of silk, the tweeter is reconable now, the crossover is a cheap inline crossover thats a -6 db slope vs a full blown crossover at -12 db slope with the old one.

looks like they kinda cheaped out a bit vs the old gen and they are charging 5 dollars more.. Let me know how the performance is when you get them in.

I just realise that i have the stage 2 version tbh they are the best tweeters i ever own.....Just make sure as Jeff said to keep them on axis sounds way better in my suv makes my shitty powerbass mids sound decent with a nice detail cant wait to hear them on better mids...they get loud too with power on them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.