Skar audio not that loud

Llt1980

Iowa
I got 2 car audio 15 ivx subwoofers and a skar lp750.1d amp I didn't expect window shattering bass but they barely hit harder then my kenwood 12s and 400 watt amp they are in a sealed box I know a ported would be louder but I'm really just not impressed with them at all and when I have xm radio on I barely even notice they are there could it be a wire problem or is this really all there is to them I also know you get what you pay for with car audio but I honestly was hoping for something to keep me interested at least until next spring but i don't think they are going to last me the summer 

I got 2 car audio 15 ivx subwoofers and a skar lp750.1d amp I didn't expect window shattering bass but they barely hit harder then my kenwood 12s and 400 watt amp they are in a sealed box I know a ported would be louder but I'm really just not impressed with them at all and when I have xm radio on I barely even notice they are there could it be a wire problem or is this really all there is to them I also know you get what you pay for with car audio but I honestly was hoping for something to keep me interested at least until next spring but i don't think they are going to last me the summer 
Few things... 
1: they arent meant for sealed box performance 

2: how is your gains set?

3: do you have a stock head unit to and LOC or an actual head unit? list model please

4: what car is this? stock electrical?

5: how is the box positioned in the car? in the trunk/hatch? firing towards the roof? the rear hatch? towards the cabin?

They are in a 16 Hyundai accent I have the gains set about half way roughly it seems to distort if I go over that they are facing the back of the car stock electrical and an alpine 172 bt head unit another thing I was thinking it's a DVC subwoofer could it be a possibility that the wires connecting the voice coils may have came unhooked causing a higher ohm load and less wattage 

Last edited by a moderator:
They are in a 16 Hyundai accent I have the gains set about half way roughly it seems to distort if I go over that they are facing the back of the car stock electrical and an alpine 172 bt head unit another thing I was thinking it's a DVC subwoofer could it be a possibility that the wires connecting the voice coils may have came unhooked causing a higher ohm load and less wattage 
make sure you wire it down to 1 ohm first. Also play your system and get a multi-meter and stick the pos and negative to the amp's pos and negative terminals to see what your voltage drop is.  Next is just ported box, you wont get anywhere with skar and sealed, they werent engineered to thrive in sealed.

Im pretty sure the ivx line has an incredibly weak motor design to begin with. No box of any kind will overcome a **** design from the factory.

Skar *****.
skar hate aside, even the shittiest pair of 15s should still get louder on double the power and 50% more cone area than a pair of cheapo 12s. I doubt its the sub design alone thats doing this.

I bought a set of 10's for my oldest last spring and was completely blown-away by the poor build quality and poor response.  Tiny and I mean TINY motors even for 10's.  I can only imagine what 15's look like.

The entry level Skar stuff just ain't worth considering imo. That said... idk how a set of 15's would be "barely noticeable".... phase?..

Signal?.. tiny sealed?... all 3 issues?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.