need to build a enclosure for 2 12in hcca orions help please..

• Thread starter Starkillers2019
  • Start date
  • Replies 33
  • Views 5K
S

Starkillers2019

the 2 hcca’s  are brand new 2018  blackseries.   2 +2 ohm              not sure if i should go sealed or ported  all i know is Face up is the way they say it should be built..     i saw  a box online  ebay i think   it has 2 plexi glass openings so you can see the face up subs magnets  which is pretty nice...    im just not willing to spend 250 on wood box   i can make .    anyone have plans ..        also i think sealed box would work better  just not sure what to do..      my subs are sitting in storage for months because im not sure the way to go..    any help   also this box is to wide by 3 inches F9DFE6F1-B780-44B9-9362-5D8BA61E8013.png

Sealed?.. are you serious?

Hcca subs in a sealed enclosure? 

And... lol... calling the enclosure a "wood box"

Its one if not the most important aspect of the system imho.

the 2 hcca’s  are brand new 2018  blackseries.   2 +2 ohm              not sure if i should go sealed or ported  all i know is Face up is the way they say it should be built..     i saw  a box online  ebay i think   it has 2 plexi glass openings so you can see the face up subs magnets  which is pretty nice...    im just not willing to spend 250 on wood box   i can make .    anyone have plans ..        also i think sealed box would work better  just not sure what to do..      my subs are sitting in storage for months because im not sure the way to go..    any help   also this box is to wide by 3 inches
Orion HCCAs are never meant for sealed ever, worst possible enclosure you can put them in dude. Might need to take a lesson in enclosure designing aka learn how to use winisd, there's youtube tutorials.

For now, Any of the 4.2 to 5 cubic foot box plans. https://www.srtforums.com/forums/f40/official-free-ported-box-plans-56k-no-435910/

Last edited by a moderator:
Sealed?.. are you serious?

Hcca subs in a sealed enclosure? 

And... lol... calling the enclosure a "wood box"

Its one if not the most important aspect of the system imho.
no 💩 ,,      but it is a simple wood box.  very easy to make..   just looking for plans, and finally got it from  orion audio itself    .

Last edited:
I'm going to take a wild guess and say stock electrical as well?
lol  your funny   i have a high output alternator   actual one is pictured here , 4 batteries  , i dont need to tell you these details  ..     im just looking to build a box   and got a lecture about sealed isnt good..lmao           forget i asked you guys..  i know now never to ask for help here again..    its fine with me i got my box designs through email direct from orion audio... see ya later      and its a adjustable box.    sealed and ported 

06A27A6B-4724-405B-8697-1DDADC6D9E55.png

Last edited:
 actually your wrong , go ask speaker designers.      and i dont use windows 
do you even know what TS specs are? I doubt you know a single thing about woofers and how they are designed and how TS parameters affect what kind of enclosure they need or what kind of performance etc.. moving mass, motorforce, compliance etc... Any basic understanding would tell you this is a ported only woofer with an Efficiency Bandwidth Product of 64 means its a ported or 6th order oriented woofer. I doubt you know what EBP is so idk why im even explaining this to you 

Why are you here on the forums when you ask such basic sh*t that anyone in the audio game could have told you? Man where are all these idiots coming from lately? Not knowing **** and putting off more than they think they know when someone schools their asses.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol  your funny   i have a high output alternator   actual one is pictured here , 4 batteries  , i dont need to tell you these details  ..     im just looking to build a box   and got a lecture about sealed isnt good..lmao           forget i asked you guys..  i know now never to ask for help here again..    its fine with me i got my box designs through email direct from orion audio... see ya later      and its a adjustable box.    sealed and ported 

Jesus f**k you are retarded.

"iTs A aDjUstAblE bOx.. sEaLeD aNd PoRtEd"

One of the top 10 dumbest things i've read on here.

This whole goddamn thread confused the absolute **** out of me. What the f**k. This is Facebook America.
just asked if anyone had any plans for a box.   didnt need lecture , just quick info.       i never use facebook  **** i dont have,need,or want a cellphone.     just wanted some quick help  here   and i got it from orion audio itself     thanks orion audio.

do you even know what TS specs are? I doubt you know a single thing about woofers and how they are designed and how TS parameters affect what kind of enclosure they need or what kind of performance etc.. moving mass, motorforce, compliance etc... Any basic understanding would tell you this is a ported only woofer with an Efficiency Bandwidth Product of 64 means its a ported or 6th order oriented woofer. I doubt you know what EBP is so idk why im even explaining this to you 

Why are you here on the forums when you ask such basic sh*t that anyone in the audio game could have told you? Man where are all these idiots coming from lately? Not knowing **** and putting off more than they think they know when someone schools their asses.
these subs are for both sealed and ported go educate yourself.  or better yet email orion audio,they can help you understand.    jeff or whatever you call yourself     rudeness isnt needed here     so you know what rudeness means  

rude·ness

Dictionary result for rudeness

/ˈro͞odnəs/

noun

1. 1. 

lack of manners; discourtesy.
    "what I will not tolerate is rudeness"

synonyms:

discourteousness, discourtesy, lack of manners, bad manners, impoliteness, impertinenceimpudenceinsolenceeffronteryaudacity, presumptuousness, cheek, cheekiness, incivilitydisrespect, disrespectfulness, churlishness, crassness, curtness, brusqueness, bluntness, ungraciousness, brashness, sharpness, abusiveness; More

2. 2. 

DATED
    roughness or simplicity.

Last edited:
Big box woofers. U want them to come to life put them in 6cubes with 70-80” of port tuned to like 32hz. And an enclosure is not a simple wood box. My god how wrong could you be. 

these subs are for either sealed and ported go educate yourself.  or better yet email orion audio.  jeff or whatever you call yourself
you literally are blind to facts and dont understand a single thing about woofers and just listen to the fking manufacturers blindly. They only list a sealed spec just so they can sell the woofer to dumbass noobs like yourself that follow blindly without a second thought.  Anyone with a brain actually pulls up the electromechanical parameters and model up the woofers. Here's an actual subwoofer enclosure and performance modeling software using the exact spects from orion. Yellow and orange are sealed. Blue is ported. Blue plays flatter and deeper along with having an overall 10 db output over sealed BEFORE cabin gain which can translate to much higher than 10 db all given about 2000 rms. You might do 138 db at best with two 12s sealed on 5000 rms while on the same power on a proper ported you can hit 150-152 db and if you dont know, thats a fking huge jump in loudness and couple that with higher bandwidth with better bass response all around, its a no brainer.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.