How to wire 4 speakers a Sub and 2 Tweeters to a 5 Channel Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Christian C

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, I'm to this forum. I actually joined just to ask this question. How do you wire 4 speakers a Sub and 2 Tweeters to a 5 Channel Amp? Would you wire each Speaker to a channel, the Sub to one channel and then wire each Tweeter to like the front Speakers? (Hope that makes sense) also if this works, would it really make the Tweeters sound amplified? Thanks.

Hi, I'm to this forum. I actually joined just to ask this question. How do you wire 4 speakers a Sub and 2 Tweeters to a 5 Channel Amp? Would you wire each Speaker to a channel, the Sub to one channel and then wire each Tweeter to like the front Speakers? (Hope that makes sense) also if this works, would it really make the Tweeters sound amplified? Thanks.
You Need to provide more info. Speakers you're using and amplifier 

Last edited by a moderator:
Kicker 41dsc684 6x8 2 way speakers. Kicker 43cst204 3/4" tweeters. Kicker 40cwd84 8" sub. I don't have an amp picked out yet and I'm doing one pair of tweeters in the front. 

Kicker 41dsc684 6x8 2 way speakers. Kicker 43cst204 3/4" tweeters. Kicker 40cwd84 8" sub. I don't have an amp picked out yet and I'm doing one pair of tweeters in the front. 
That's a lot of tweeter action up front?  Coaxial has tweeters so you'd have 2 sets of tweeters up front. You'd be better off just using the coaxial speakers imo. Or just send it all back and get a component set

You can wire 1 coaxial to 1 tweeter if they're both 4 ohm to the front left channel and the other 2 2 the right front. Wire them parallel. won't sound too good especially worse with the lack of bass you're going to have. Single 8 won't do much. Would be all highs with a little bump in the back ground 

That's a lot of tweeter action up front?  Coaxial has tweeters so you'd have 2 sets of tweeters up front. You'd be better off just using the coaxial speakers imo. Or just send it all back and get a component set

You can wire 1 coaxial to 1 tweeter if they're both 4 ohm to the front left channel and the other 2 2 the right front. Wire them parallel. won't sound too good especially worse with the lack of bass you're going to have. Single 8 won't do much. Would be all highs with a little bump in the back ground 
What if I put these up front https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BGRMD4C/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1O9Z3VYY71U6N&psc=1 with the other coaxial 2 ways in the back with the sub? I'm not so big on wanting to rock the world with Base so that's why I was going with an 8" sub. To be honest I haven't tried any other size for a sub (I had an 8" in my last car and thought it sounded pretty good) I just looked all over the web and found that most people say to go with an 8" if you want good solid base. What size would you suggest? I'm open to any ideas.

What if I put these up front https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BGRMD4C/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1O9Z3VYY71U6N&psc=1 with the other coaxial 2 ways in the back with the sub? I'm not so big on wanting to rock the world with Base so that's why I was going with an 8" sub. To be honest I haven't tried any other size for a sub (I had an 8" in my last car and thought it sounded pretty good) I just looked all over the web and found that most people say to go with an 8" if you want good solid base. What size would you suggest? I'm open to any ideas.
Just about any component set would be better then using coaxial plus a pair of tweeters I would think anyway 

Single sub sealed or ported plus how much room you willing to give up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Christian C

CarAudio.com Newbie
Christian C
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
fithwheel