Any Pioneer DEH-80PRS owners here?

BassLord808

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have this head-unit on the way. I have yet to hear anything but the best about this head unit. Can't wait to install it. Does anyone here own one? 41NW2pXf9oL.jpg

I bought two right when they came out.  Still working fantastic.  The screen goes black for a few seconds with anything over a 155db but it doesn't effect anything really.

Love my 80prs. I have no need to replace it. The face plate is a bit flimsy tho so be careful pressing the buttons. First day I had it in my car, I kept playing around with all the buttons because I was trying to tune the active crossovers. Within an hour or so, I ended up breaking the left side knob handle off from hitting it back and forth so much. And then I found out I could do everything thru the remote! I was mind blown. Including all the other goodies in there that continue to surprise me. I don't even mind that I broke off the left side knob thing. If anything it looks unique now, I kinda like it. Sometimes I just use my right side knob and pull it backwards if i feel like doing it manually. If only I had read the manual, I would've knew to use the remote right away. But oh well, I don't care. It's totally worth it's price and more. 

Definitely could reupdate to have bluetooth 5.0, aptx HD, higher Bitrate Flac file playback on USB, Parametric EQ and more SPL proof to start. Its still a solid unit but it will be showing its age soon enough.  
With all that said, send Pioneer an email of your suggestions. Who knows, they may be cooking up something even better with all that than the 80PRS. But not everyone has or wants those features.

With all that said, send Pioneer an email of your suggestions. Who knows, they may be cooking up something even better with all that than the 80PRS. But not everyone has or wants those features.
done it a long time ago and recently.  Its because people dont understand how those features work. newer generation bluetooth codecs and aptx will massively improve bluetooth sound quality to literally lossless transmission of audio files meaning streaming music whether lossless or mp3 there will be no difference compared to a CD with the same files. the current 80 prs's bluetooth codec is 3.0 which is outdated as f**k. How outdated? think 4 generations behind level of outdatedness.  Every other pioneer line has Flac playback capability while the 80 prs is limited... Yes the spl crowd maybe the only one that the resistance to SPL feature would cater to specifically but everyone else uses USB or bluetooth so its the mass majority.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing the 80PRS can't be updated with current "software"? Kinda like updating computer or playstation gaming console. And as I type this would need some sort of internet connection. Maybe that's it....internet port to be able to update software to HU..

I'm guessing the 80PRS can't be updated with current "software"? Kinda like updating computer or playstation gaming console. And as I type this would need some sort of internet connection. Maybe that's it....internet port to be able to update software to HU..
its not a software issue, its hardware issue. The parts are outdated. Doesnt matter what kind of firmware you download, if the actual head unit doesn't have the chip built in, its a no go.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

BassLord808

CarAudio.com Newbie
BassLord808
Fenton, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views