I Need A Hair-trick Amp For A Sundown X-15 V.2 D2 - In The 3k - 4k RMS Area

BassLord808

CarAudio.com Newbie
What's good? New here, but I'm no rookie to the Bass scene. I've been a Bass-Head since the days of Pyle and EV. I fell out of the game for a few years, but I have always spectated on Youtube to see other builds and try to take note of new designs and products. I'm am more than ready to get back into the game, it's been calling me. I see these brutal, hair-trick, spl vehicles on the Tube and I just feel like I'm missing out. I will be purchasing a Sundown X-15 V.2 D2 in two days and I have run into so many promising amplifier choices, I have seen dozens of Dyno tests on almost every amplifier on the market, and I'm just stuck lol. Never had a problem deciding on an amp before, but I want to do it right this time and I need opinions. Now, before I touch anything in my 2008 G5, I'm going to attack my electrical system from front to back, the biggest, purest, OFC wire I can run, will be running throughout. I even got my eye on some welding cable ( I'm serious) I don't want even a grain of voltage drop. I just found an installer that owns a shop blocks away from me and he knows his stuff I mean he breathes the stuff and does pro work. I've seen his box builds and he gets down. That's going to be a big help to get me back started. He'll be building my enclosure for my Sundown when I get it. I've looked at a lot of amps, everything from, Orion, Skar, DC Audio, Soundstream, Crescendo, Sundown, Deaf Bonce, and many others. My thing is, I haven't heard any of these products in person. I've seen reviews, I've seen the video, but I haven't heard any of these in person sadly, but I know a lot of you guys have. Taramps are even getting my attention, but it's something weird about an amp so small that puts out so much power, how they store big enough components inside those Taramps to support the current and heat is beyond me, but I see them in a lot of competition builds. I'm looking for something in the 3k - 5k RMS range. I know the Sundown X-15 is rated 1500 watts RMS, but I like to leave headroom for box rise and other adjustments, plus, we all know Sundown subs can handle almost three times it's rated RMS. I'm very mindful of my gains and levels also and I will have all levels professionally tuned and adjusted before any serious demos take place. I'm going to get a few secondary XS Power batteries to run whatever amp I get, just to see what it does and if I get even a whisper of voltage drop I'm going to slap a Mechman on it. I'm going to get one in the long run anyway so. Any experienced suggestions on a nice professional amp will be highly appreciated. Going to pick up a Pioneer DEH-80PRS this week also that way I can start off with a clean 5 volt signal to the amp. This is just my back in the game set-up. I'm looking for a used Tahoe or similar that I can build a wall in but one thing at a time. I'm going to do it right this time, pics, videos and updates coming soon.

41E1WIldZ6L.jpg

IMG_20151120_083413.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
we all know Sundown subs can handle almost three times it's rated RMS.
Let us know how that works out for you.

Also you will probably never get that much turbulence out of a trunk with a single 15 and certainly not with 3K power.   Brazilian amps do make legit power but reliability (mostly due to QC and component selection) is dubious.  Buy with warranty from established seller if you go that route.  Otherwise all those Korean amps are the same except for the brand name and whatever customer service/resale value that name is worth.   You're way over-thinking this.

Let us know how that works out for you.

Also you will probably never get that much turbulence out of a trunk with a single 15 and certainly not with 3K power.   Brazilian amps do make legit power but reliability (mostly due to QC and component selection) is dubious.  Buy with warranty from established seller if you go that route.  Otherwise all those Korean amps are the same except for the brand name and whatever customer service/resale value that name is worth.   You're way over-thinking this.
I probably should've left the hair trick part out because that left to much room for critical opinion, when I was looking for suggestions not opinions big difference, second of all my enclosure won't be confined to a trunk because my back seats let down and yes my co-worker owns a g6 with one Fi 15 on a two hifonics amps and his girl's hair goes crazy, but anyway, I'll leave that there to be not longer discussed. Thanks for you feedback though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh this should be interesting. Since when do amps do hairtricks?!

I would suggest an amp like so...but might be a tad too much power for just one sub. Since you gotta small car/trunk, I think you'd be better off going 2 12's instead of 1 15 and using the Wolfram amp.

010.jpg

My buddy has a x15 in a trunk wall on a twisted 1.8k and does hair tricks. His box is 6cubes with a 8” areo tuned low 

wolframe audio is gay because they are never instock. They just take people money and preorder amps from over seas. If they were in stock it would be cool and since there not Fvck them. 

They did have them in stock. Your just looking at the wrong times. Quit sleeping so much!!

I waited close to 2 months for my 4 ch amp to arrive.

002.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.