Taramps hd 3000 and Sony xav 100

Participant count
  • Participant list
So I currently have a Taramps hd 3000, 2 alpine type x 12s and a Sony xav 100. The problem I am having is not alot of output I have everything hooked up right and it works its loud but I have to turn the amp almost all the way up to get the sound i want. I was wondering if I bought a line driver would it make it where I don't need to turn the amp all the way up to get more output? The radio only has 2v rcas which might be the problem. I like the HD3000 tho for 189 bucks you really can't beat the price. Any help would be appreciated. 

So I currently have a Taramps hd 3000, 2 alpine type x 12s and a Sony xav 100. The problem I am having is not alot of output I have everything hooked up right and it works its loud but I have to turn the amp almost all the way up to get the sound i want. I was wondering if I bought a line driver would it make it where I don't need to turn the amp all the way up to get more output? The radio only has 2v rcas which might be the problem. I like the HD3000 tho for 189 bucks you really can't beat the price. Any help would be appreciated. 
I'd boost signal somehow for sure if having the gains high bothers you... that said, IMO if it's not clipping and making full power why worry?

I have and have had 2V HU's since the 90's (nice 5V Mobile ES deck once) and personally I just use a Preamp/Eq to boost signal (I just like the master volume and sub gain being located together and being pots they're easy to control , but a line driver would certainly be another option.

Doing this in my case might be another way to introduce noise in my system and not be able to use some of the deck features but for me it works... I'm happy and that is what counts

My .02

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd boost signal somehow for sure if having the gains high bothers you... that said, IMO if it's not clipping and making full power why worry?

I have and have had 2V HU's since the 90's (nice 5V Mobile ES deck once) and personally I just use a Preamp/Eq to boost signal (I just like the master volume and sub gain being located together and being pots they're easy to control , but a line driver would certainly be another option.

Doing this in my case might be another way to introduce noise in my system and not be able to use some of the deck features but for me it works... I'm happy and that is what counts

My .02
Well I just bought a pac ld-10 line driver Im hoping it fixes that issue I don't like to have to turn my amp up more than I have to. The ld 10 I'm not sure how many volts it goes up to but I think it'll make a difference. Thanks for the input. I'm also getting some sub popping when I turn the car off any ideas? 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jeepsandbass
Clinton NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Jeffdachef
Subwoofer remote.jpg