What amp to get with specific speakers.

Participant count
  • Participants list

Qsta

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi audiophiles,

I am fairly new to audio installation on amps, luckily I have some friends that kind of know how to install amps and such however I need help in determining what amp I should get for my polk audio speakers, both the front (component) and rears (coaxial) are each 100 RMS @ 4 Ohms so would I need a  4-channel Amplifier that is 400 watt max or can I just go higher and control the Highs to not risk blowing my new speakers? 

Really I just want to know what Amps would you guys recommend based off of my speaker requirements.

These new Pioneer GM series lineup has pretty good power and surpass the power rating, check it out

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_63974_Pioneer-GM-D8604.html

can I just go higher and control the Highs to not risk blowing my new speakers?
Too much power is not a thing in my book, as long as you gain the amp to proper level with good tuning if you're running active crossover.

In my experience, when i'm using a overkill amp, not only it outputs always clean power but also better low noise performance. It's kinda scary tho setting my gain super low 😂

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.