Amp in protect

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ra1none

CarAudio.com Newbie
I recently purchased a skar rp 2000.1 to run my 2 fi audio ssd 12’s Wired to 1 ohm on its maiden voyage the amp went into protect . I ran it half gain subsonic 3hz lower than box tune as recommended by fi. The subs were running great with limited voltage drop suddenly it went into protect and I can’t get it out . I disconnected all power grounds and rca inputs per skar let it sit overnight. Took the dmm the every portion of the system and everything checks out . My 4 channel runs just fine with no issues . For a back ground I should mention I have a mechman 240amp alt big 3 plus 2 added grounds a secondary battery with dedicated pos and ground from front battery a stinger 200 batt isolator and 1/0 running throughout . The only thing I can think of is the dual power and ground input reducers I have running to the amp I saw the thread from 2 years ago on this same issue but I checked all those boxes and still nothing can someone please tell me wtf is causing this issue I have no bass and I’m really stumped at this point 

Not entirely sure but I know one of the 1-3k skar mono's does this A LOT

There's a defect in the board design that can sort of be fixed

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.