ALPINE CDA 9884R question

Participant count
  • Participants list

iwcham1979

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello guys. I want to make a good system on my  Fabia Vrs that would consist of rear 10cm Focals, front 16.5 Hertzs, a Hertz sub and an Audison amplifier. I am a total noob btw. I have read that I should aim for a head unit at at least 4v preamp output, so I am after a nice single din head unit. I know that Pioneer deh 80prs is a very good head unit with as much as 5v preamp power, was about to order a used one, but it had been sold in the blink of an eye. Now I have a chance to buy a mint condition ALPINE CDA 9884R for 115 euros, but I am a bit confused regarding the quality of the Alpine units. For example, lots of reviews list Alpine 149BT as a great unit, but some you tubers that seem to be conducting  very professional testing using scopemeters concluded it was garbage more or less with early distortions.... They also tested some other Alpines which turned out very very clean... I haven't found a test or a review for ALPINE CDA 9884R. So, what do you think about it? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
depends on how they tested the deck.  my 9887 clips at volume 21 out of 35,  but thats the speaker outs.  the RCA outs dont clip at full volume

you can always buy it and see what it does.  if you dont like it, return it.  im on like my 3rd Alpine deck, love em

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.