AMP+System tuning (for all genres)

Participant count
  • Participant list

mr_twabfish

CarAudio.com Newbie
Just installed a new system in my 2010 Toyota Camry. I'm new to car audio and would like some advice on how to tune the system (set gains, lpf, hpf, dta, etc). I'm running the following:

Head Unit - JVC KW-3935BTS

Front Speakers - JBL GTO609C Power Handling (RMS): 5W to 200W Sensitivity: (2.83V/1m) 92dB Nominal Impedance: 3 ohms

Rear Deck - JBL Stage Impedance (Ohms): 3 Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter): 89.5dB Power Handling: 5W to 80W

Subwoofer - Rockford Fosgate P2 RMS Power 400W Sealed 12 Inch Wired for a 2ohm load

AMP - Rockville DB50 85W x4 channels @ 4ohms 550W x1 A 2ohms

The JBL 6.5 components are up front, in stock locations. 6x9s are in the rear deck, and the sub is in the trunk, firing away from the driver.

The amp has gain, hpf, and x-over (full, hpf, lpf) settings for channels 1-4, and the sub channel has lpf, subsonic, gain and bass boost eq options.

My overall question:

• What should I be doing for tuning the Amp
  • What is/are the best setting(s) for my head unit (especially setting the digital time alignment)
Also: when setting HPF, my amp only indicates a minimum of 15hz and maximum of 4khz. If I know my speakers minimum frequency response, (eg, 67hz) how do I set it to exactly that when there is no visual aid to tell me what I am setting to?

Thanks

My overall question:

• What should I be doing for tuning the Amp
  • What is/are the best setting(s) for my head unit (especially setting the digital time alignment)
Also: when setting HPF, my amp only indicates a minimum of 15hz and maximum of 4khz. If I know my speakers minimum frequency response, (eg, 67hz) how do I set it to exactly that when there is no visual aid to tell me what I am setting to?

Thanks
Look at this for setting the amp up

As for what settings  are "best" for your headunit, that's way too open-ended. And there's no way anyone but someone with your specific vehicle and setup can tell you how you need to set your alignment. 

For setting your high pass filter, it's simple, do some math. Figure out where your desired frequency should be on that dial... and you don't wanna set your filter to 67hz, more like 80-100hz is typical, due to the slope of the filter

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.