Participant count
  • Participant list

Alejandro17

CarAudio.com Newbie
Truck Photos and Enclosure

Headrest Solution for Seat Lift

Inspiration

Please view the photos and video before reading:) Essentially I will custom build my own box and get it as close to the reference photos as possible. Using a router, a rasp set, and some basic sanding. Four 8" subs firing forward is what I'm going for. I needed to customize some headrests for my vehicle as the OEM were far too big. Now I am free to purchase a seat lift to get that extra room. My final impedance will be 2 ohms. Also, my vehicle already has the stock 6 speakers which I am upgrading very soon. In addition, there is NO transmission hump in the back which will give me a clean look not to mention more airspace. The seat lift is 2.5 inches. FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS!

A.Which should I go with?

NEW

1. 8 inch EV3 Series
DISCONTINUED

1. 8 inch EV2 Series
  2. SA-8 v.2 SERIES
B.Single port on the front centered, or one on either side?

C.1,200 watt amplifier or 1,500?

I will keep everyone updated on the project:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I posted on reddit as well.reddit

I will definitely go with 1 ohm for sure! May I ask why the EV5 is selling at such a low price on this website? Also, I've never heard of this brand on the amplifier?

They are B stock. Sundown is very picky with their A stock so the B stocks have very slight imperfections or excess glue.  Well worth the money savings.

Taramps is a Brazilian company and their amps use full bridge technology. They are tiny amps that put out massive amounts of power while still being very efficient. I have owned 10 myself and love them.

If you have the Sony system you are going to have to trick the factory amp into seeing a load on the subwoofer output channels with resistors or bypass it all together with the Rockford Fosgate DSR1 processor. Its a plug and play DSP and what I did with mine.

Have you used any B stock items from sundown? If so, did you purchase from them directly, or from an authorized retailer? What is your opinion on a refurbished amplifier? Would a refurbished Skar Audio amplifier be worth the money? 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.