Loudest components for under $120?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jeeper2269
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I just got a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and I believe the front speakers and overhead sound bar speakers are 6.5”. 

I currently have Hertz 6x9s in my f150 and they are perfect.

i want them to be LOUD and clear. 

I will have an amp to power them. Probably something around 50-100 watts rms by 4

Anyone have any suggestions ?

I read an article suggesting Infinity Kapas, but I find it hard to believe they would get as loud as Hertz, as I had them in the past and was not impressed at all. 

Will these get louder than Hertz? Or Kappas?
It all depends on the speaker, how its mounted and the power you feed it. Being that they are two ohm speakers, they will pull more power from your amplifier which should help them be louder than say the same speaker with a 4 ohm voice coil on the same amplifier. Infinity and JBL are owned by the same parent company and both offer 2 ohm speakers. I used to run JBL components (2ohm speakers) powered by an Alpine amp... they were really loud. I switched to a 4 ohm component set, my current Kenwood eXcelons and they were noticeably quieter on the same Alpine amp. 2 ohm speakers are louder on the same amplifier power if the amp can handle 2ohms stereo. There are other factors like sensitivity that matter as well... if you can find speakers above 90db sensitivity AND that are 2ohm voice coils... I personally think they will easily get louder than a closely matched 4 ohm speaker all day. I am throwing out Infinity and JBL because I know they offer 2 ohm speakers. I know there are other manufacturers that do as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither. Loudness comes from clean amplification power....amp for short. You def want component set, or sattelite speakers, same thing. 120 is kinda cheap and not a lot out there to choose from. If you can manage to save an additional 100 bucks, then your options are more open. I'm currently running Polk Audio MM6501 comps I bought for 190 shipped which have been discontinued. the MM6502 took over that particular set. Anyway, positioning speakers and tuning them is what makes them sound good. HU is as esp important. Hopefully you have an aftermarket HU.

Is that why my 6x9 hertz are loud?

wonder if I can fit some in the Jeep 
no your 6x9 just has more cone area than your current setup. If you want ACTUAL loudness you want pro audio drivers that have 94 db sensitivity or higher for the mids and 92 db sensitivity higher for the tweeters. When i say actual loudness i'm saying **** that can keep up with 30,000 watts of bass with four 100lb 18 inch subwoofers which your hertz 6x9s will definitely get drowned out easily. What popwarhomie suggested will outright sh*t on everything you listed in your components list when it comes to loud clear.

no your 6x9 just has more cone area than your current setup. If you want ACTUAL loudness you want pro audio drivers that have 94 db sensitivity or higher for the mids and 92 db sensitivity higher for the tweeters. When i say actual loudness i'm saying **** that can keep up with 30,000 watts of bass with four 100lb 18 inch subwoofers which your hertz 6x9s will definitely get drowned out easily. What popwarhomie suggested will outright sh*t on everything you listed in your components list when it comes to loud clear.
Interesting,,  I will have to look into the Pyles.. I mean, what do I have to lose? $30

Last edited by a moderator:
an option between the pyles and lanzar optis. 
https://www.parts-express.com/prv-audio-6mb200-4-6-1-2-midbass-woofer-4-ohm--294-2703

If you want something really badass in the future

https://www.parts-express.com/prv-audio-6mr500-ndy-4-6-1-2-neodymium-midrange-woofer-4-ohm--294-2706

15$ pyle pros are 8 ohm 92 db sensitivity, you'll need some beefy amplifier to fully power them

26$ prvs are 93 db sensitivity and 4 ohms meaning you'll easily fully power them.

75$ lanzars are 94 db sensitivity and 3 ohm impedance meaning its even easier to power them.

99$ prv neos are 96 db sensitivity 4 ohm impedance and can handle a lot of power and keep getting louder as you add more power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.