Need Help With Sub and Amp Combo

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gage Pamer

CarAudio.com Newbie
I recently got a Rockford fosgate power hx2 15” for dirt cheap, I’m looking at buying my friends amp (SSL FR1600.2) for cheap as well. I’m just curious if these are compatible together? I tried watching videos about rms and ohms and I am still confused. Any help/tips would be appreciated! (Picture from sonicelectronix is the amp, other picture is the sub) 42AF3A16-CD3D-4FC7-AEAE-2A9FF5E89C3E.png960CA55C-F763-45C9-8225-D9773A8F8BAC.png

If the sub is dual 2 ohm, you can wire it to 1 or 4. That amp could be bridged at 4 ohm to give you 800w according to the specs, though I doubt those numbers are accurate. I haven't used those amps before so have no idea. I personally would get a decent class D monoblock that gives you 1000w@1ohm.  A class D will also be more efficient, so less taxing on your electrical system assuming you are getting the same power from both amps.

Just looking at the fuse on that amplifier its likely only going to put down real RMS power at 4 ohms of about 400 watts RMS. That will work ok with that subwoofer if you build a large ported box or might be Ok in a very large sealed box.  I was going to model it for you but I couldn't find a Rockford Fosgate power hx2 unless you mean P2. The description in the picture is cut off at the top. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.