Controlling an Infinity Sound System speakers with aftermarket radio

Participant count
  • Participant list

albert001

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello,

My older Chrysler vehicle (mid 90s) originally had an Infinity Sound System installed with an Infinity head unit, 6 infinity speakers and an Infinity Amp.

The original owner removed the Infinity Head Unit and installed a Kenwood Head Unit with a cassette  tape deck.

I wanted CD and USB so found a Kenwood KDC-BT365U and installed using existing cable adapters from the previous Kenwood.

The Kenwood functions OK, but as recommended I haven't yet removed or bypassed the Infinity Amp installed under the back seat.

The problem with the Kenwood is I'm not able to control the speakers very well, not as well as the original Infinity head units with a 360 degree toggle switch where one could adjust speaker sound 360 degrees while driving.

The KDC-BT365U controls speakers though a small difficult to read and navigate menu system as there's no physical sound controls on the face plate.

So when I want to adjust speaker sound I need to get my reading glasses, stop the vehicle on the side of the road, navigate through it's menu system which I have a difficult time remembering to adjust the speakers. The Infinity head unit all you needed to do (while driving) is move the 360 deg. toggle switch and make a few adjustment to the tone and equalizer sliders if necessary.

the KDC-BT365U apparently has some speaker output controls such as fader  and balance. Fader - Adjusts the front and rear output blance, Balance - Adjusts the left and right speaker output balance        

Which is really a lot of trouble when I need to adjust speaker output balance while on the road. I have a difficult time reading and remembering the menu system.

The remote which I don't have doesn't appear to be able to control speaker output other than overall volume.

There are other audio settings but I have bothered to use them because I'm not able to easily adjust speaker output for all four speakers (there's two additional tweeters connected to the front speakers)

I suppose I can stop the car the side of the road and try to make new adjustments for most every new song but that's certainly alot to go through just to listen to music while driving down the road.

I would have gone with an Infinity Gold head unit but wanted something with USB because I no longer have many CDs, Most all my music is stored  on a USB hard drive. I purchase music albums  from Amazon but only in mp3 or similar format.

I'm thinking perhaps I could build my own speaker controls or find a speaker control box somewhere?

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.