Sign in to follow this  
chillin

What size box with these T/S parameters?

Cubic feet, port size and tune? I'm still too much of a newb to understand what to do with these numbers, but I know some smart guys out there will know the answer.  I do have a recommended box from the owner of the company, but when he told me the numbers, I had limited space in my car, so not sure if they would stay the same since I can go bigger now.

Fs  = 39.91 Hz
Re  = 3.70 ohms[dc]
Qt  = 0.35
Qes = 0.39
Qms = 3.90
Mms = 250.57 grams
Rms = 16.100405 kg/s
Cms = 0.000063 m/N
Vas = 50.79 liters
Sd= 754.77 cm^2
Bl  = 24.398737 Tm
Lp(2.83V/1m) = 94.46 dB

Children are the future… today belongs to me!

What kind of amp, what kind of vehicle, what are your listening goals/what kind of music do you listen to?

giphy.gif

Supercrew f150, Rock, metal and rap for the most part. Right now i have a 1200 watt amp, may upgrade to 2500 in he future depending if I want more bass and want to spend the extra on electrical upgrades.

I don't have the truck yet, just looking for the future.  I don't mind taking up space in the back seat. The sub has been sitting in my basement for 8 or 9 years. bnib, plans changed and I never got a chance to use it, had to get something smaller, but I want to build a box for it that is correct for the sub.

BTW, it's a Mach5 SPL15

3-5cf tuned in the mid to upper 30s with 16-20sq inches of port area per cf if a slot port is used or an 8 inch aeroport. 

giphy.gif

That's a fairly broad size difference. If I tune to 37, what kind of difference am I getting with a box that's 3cf compared to 5?

2 cubic foot 

Sorry op couldn't help myself 

2006 ridgeline hu:KW ddx9903s morel 5.25 maximo comps 6.5 maximo coaxial 2 type r 8s 1.1 37 hz amp Rf t1000x5ab

work truck 2017 international pro star Alpine ute62 hu. Amps RF t1000.5ad 4 ch mode infinity k1000  sa 15 3.5 @ 30hz or 2 type s12 6.3 @ 41 hz  or jbl s3 1.5 42hz. or nvx  vcw 10 1.1 @ 32hz  2 8 " eminence pro woofers. 2" Dayton rs52fn midrange. 1 1/8 Dayton dc28f silk dome tweeters.

Just now, fithwheel said:

2 cubic foot 

Sorry op couldn't help myself 

lol.

Bigger volume usually means more peakiness around tuning in my experience

JVC KD-X350BTS, RE Sx-18d4 9ft3 36.86hz, Synergy 3K@ 2 ohm, RF 500s, Polk DB comps, Cache Preamp/EQ

50 minutes ago, chillin said:

That's a fairly broad size difference. If I tune to 37, what kind of difference am I getting with a box that's 3cf compared to 5?

The larger size will have slightly better low end extension but will be boomier sounding. The wide range is from the vague amp information.  

giphy.gif

The amp will be a crossfire vr1000D for quite a while.

1 hour ago, THATpurpleKUSH said:

The larger size will have slightly better low end extension but will be boomier sounding. The wide range is from the vague amp information.  

So 4cf would be a nice middle ground for a little boom and still here double kicks on metal songs?

Thanks for all the answers btw, this sight is way quieter than when I used to frequent it.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this