Sign in to follow this  
XxAndreaxX

ANSWERED Help with my enclosure

guys, I've been Reading about isobaric push-pull enclosures. they are often options for much smaller enclosures. could you explain what a 4th order push/pull would look like, and size for my 2x 15"? just curious thanks

or even this guy here:

Resultado de imagen de isobaric vs bandpass

Edited by XxAndreaxX

it doesnt matter what we teach or explain to you, you'll just make some ghetto franken garbage enclosure with zero understanding of how enclosures are supposed to be done anyways. 

Why bother replying to something when you obviously will never do the right choice of action and leave it to a professional to design your enclosure and you just build it exactly to his specs. Nope you just gotta do sh*t beyond half assed and not understand a single thing. You dont even model up your sub in an enclosure design software or anything. Its just shit ideas after shit ideas after shit ideas.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

2 hours ago, Jeffdachef said:

it doesnt matter what we teach or explain to you, you'll just make some ghetto franken garbage enclosure with zero understanding of how enclosures are supposed to be done anyways. 

Why bother replying to something when you obviously will never do the right choice of action and leave it to a professional to design your enclosure and you just build it exactly to his specs. Nope you just gotta do sh*t beyond half assed and not understand a single thing. You dont even model up your sub in an enclosure design software or anything. Its just shit ideas after shit ideas after shit ideas.

bro I'm just trying to learn something. I have 2 x 15" and don't want to throw them away, whe saw that the only way to get something out of my shitty trunk is doing some bandpass, every ported bass réflex would end up in endless cancellation. but as you said, bandpass would mean a monster enclosure, I' don't have physical place for that. Isobaric, could maybe help with space, that's why i mentioned it.

Edited by XxAndreaxX

On 3/4/2019 at 7:54 AM, XxAndreaxX said:

hi Brahs!!! so Little update!!

hair is moving fairly, if i volume up, so good sign, i'll put a video on YouTube soon

I'm still waiting to see this install in action

:popcorn:

Edited by shredder2

JVC KD-X350BTS, FI Bl-18v3d2, Deaf Bonce AAK 4000.1, RF 500s, Polk DB comps, Cache Preamp/EQ250A Ces

I love it when you call me big poppa, i only smoke blunts if they rolled proppa. 

giphy.gif

buaaahhhh I got a mega Idea, maybe I can go on doing experiments on my frankenbox.

mount a plexiglass table in front of the woofers, maybe 2-3cm away, to get them isobaric.

then, mount a diagonal plate, behind one of the 2 woofers, to make it sealed, and the other one, stays ported.

I know, the second woofer will have aprox only 50liters for ported space if not less, but its only an experiment to see if I gain something sealing out the trunk or not

and anyways, if the rated volume for my MTX is 70liters, with isobáric should be 35liters, so in a 50liter box, I still have 15liter more tan needed right?

hehehe I'm a genious!! 

Edited by XxAndreaxX

9 hours ago, XxAndreaxX said:

buaaahhhh I got a mega Idea, maybe I can go on doing experiments on my frankenbox.

mount a plexiglass table in front of the woofers, maybe 2-3cm away, to get them isobaric.

then, mount a diagonal plate, behind one of the 2 woofers, to make it sealed, and the other one, stays ported.

I know, the second woofer will have aprox only 50liters for ported space if not less, but its only an experiment to see if I gain something sealing out the trunk or not

and anyways, if the rated volume for my MTX is 70liters, with isobáric should be 35liters, so in a 50liter box, I still have 15liter more tan needed right?

hehehe I'm a genious!! 

it doesnt matter what the manufacturers say, it matters what the enclosure modeling software says and what your in car response says. You have to tune the port based on your sealed peak frequency. You do not have the measuring equipment to do a proper 4th order so why bother.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

9 hours ago, Jeffdachef said:

it doesnt matter what the manufacturers say, it matters what the enclosure modeling software says and what your in car response says. You have to tune the port based on your sealed peak frequency. You do not have the measuring equipment to do a proper 4th order so why bother.

no, I don't have, I'll have to experiment and measure by eye and by ear.

I want to try 4th order and 6th order, simply connect the sealed box with a randoom tube to the ported box.

Its only to experiment with my trunk, before I throw the whole box away and start from 0

anyways, correct me if I'm wrong, i could start from scratch with an Isobaric 4th or 6th order box, that's not too big, thanks to isobaric. I know its imposible for me to calculate, but maybe someone could give me a hint.

image.png.120c934eae8f9a65aefeceecf962aef5.png

Edited by XxAndreaxX

this thread has been dead for some time now

I AM The Future of personal transportation, NOW!!
Pretty sure everyone on this site hates you (@JohnKuthe) more then me and that's very hard to accomplish.

how do I calculate a 4th order isobaric, simply dividing by half the sealed and the ported box, maintaining the port size?

🏳

2006 ridgeline hu:KW ddx9903s morel 5.25 maximo comps 6.5 maximo coaxial 2 Dayton ultimax 8s 1.65 @35 amp Rf t1000x5ab

work truck 2017 international pro star Alpine ute62 hu. Amps RF t1000.5ad 4 ch mode infinity k1000  sa 15 3.84 @ 35hz or 2 type s12 6.3 @ 41 hz  or jbl s3 2.0 36hz. or nvx  vcw 10 1.1 @ 32hz  2 8 " eminence pro woofers. 2" Dayton rs52fn midrange. 1 1/8 Dayton dc28f silk dome tweeters.

💀

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

I like pizza

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

uff its hard to deal with you guys eehhh. you are experts, but until now i did not get any solution for my problem. 

I'm also expert in other stuff like engine Tuning and anabolic steroids, and if someone is doing something wrong, i try to help to  get him understand, and get the best solution. you only tell me its all shit, but give me no solution, other tan throw all away and buy an 8" and fill the freakin trunk with wood

Edited by XxAndreaxX

I bought some wavecore speakers from parts express. Despite being manufactured in China they're well built.  They have some nice looking drivers and tweeters made specifically for car audio too. More on the sq side of things 

Built a desk for the old lady too  now maybe I can finally get back to building some enclosures 

20190311_205947.jpg

20190311_205926.jpg

20190311_210233.jpg

20190311_210251.jpg

20190307_202735.jpg

20190307_202806.jpg

20190309_111411.jpg

2006 ridgeline hu:KW ddx9903s morel 5.25 maximo comps 6.5 maximo coaxial 2 Dayton ultimax 8s 1.65 @35 amp Rf t1000x5ab

work truck 2017 international pro star Alpine ute62 hu. Amps RF t1000.5ad 4 ch mode infinity k1000  sa 15 3.84 @ 35hz or 2 type s12 6.3 @ 41 hz  or jbl s3 2.0 36hz. or nvx  vcw 10 1.1 @ 32hz  2 8 " eminence pro woofers. 2" Dayton rs52fn midrange. 1 1/8 Dayton dc28f silk dome tweeters.

Everyone has tried to help you. You just wont listen....

A 4th order for a f*****g 15" is going to take up your whole trunk.

A 6th order for a 15" is going to take up the whole truck and a half.

A T line for a 15" is going to take up the whole car.

Get rid of that garbage subwoofer. Buy a nice 12" and build a proper ported box...

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

2 minutes ago, Popwarhomie said:

Everyone has tried to help you. You just wont listen....

A 4th order for a f*****g 15" is going to take up your whole trunk.

A 6th order for a 15" is going to take up the whole truck and a half.

A T line for a 15" is going to take up the whole car.

Get rid of that garbage subwoofer. Buy a nice 12" and build a proper ported box...

yeees, you tell me to buy a 12" and build a ported box, I can't because i get cancellation! seems like it has to be at least 4th order to make any sense!! that's why i put isobaric in equation. if isobaric halfens the volume of the enclosure, maybe I can get a decent size enclosure for my needs. a normal 12" would also eat up the whole trunk if the layout is 4th order.

maybe I made an error to buy 2x 15", but maybe there's a way to fix it without throwing everything away

Thats right. Ski hole. Got confused with all the retarded post on here lately.

Do a 12" in a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio 4th if you can fit it.

Edited by Popwarhomie

I predict he's going to keep trying to reinvent the wheel 

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this