Sign in to follow this  
XxAndreaxX

ANSWERED Help with my enclosure

35 minutes ago, XxAndreaxX said:

hi Brahs!!! so Little update!!

I took out the sub from the trunk to test it and surprise, it was leaking everywhere!!! basically, they used the outer carpet as sealant, and nailed the cheap "MDF"

there where gaps up to 1cm!!!!!

I sealed everything with some Wood-silicone, and everything changed radically.

still bending everywhere, but at least, its sealed, and all the air exits from the port. the sound is nothing special, sounds.

hair is moving fairly, if i volume up, so good sign, i'll put a video on YouTube soon

next step, stuff some wool, maybe it helps with the bending and bad quality MDF. its not even MDF, its pressed carton.

and you still used that piece of shit enclosure? maybe pictures can surpass the language barrier. 

the first enclosure I've ever built, 3/4 inch birch and a jigsaw, router, and circular saw gets you this:

aPCZQDS.jpg

you need to listen to the advice given to you. moving a tiny amount of air is nothing considering all the time you put into it so far

I AM The Future of personal transportation, NOW!!
Pretty sure everyone on this site hates you (@JohnKuthe) more then me and that's very hard to accomplish.

On 2/12/2019 at 6:08 AM, XxAndreaxX said:

guys, I understand that everything is wrong with my layout, but I need first to understand how cancellation Works in my case, otherwise I'll do same shit again

We told you this on your old thread. Port and subs should be on the same plane or port has to fire to the trunk especially in a trunk or you seal it up and wall it off from the trunk completely. I cant believe you have a leaky sealed box made with particle board and a port opposite direction from it. Here this is whats good or not good cancellation 101. Trunk hatch is on the left side, cabin is the right side. Difference between good A Vs Bad A is a trunk wall you have to seal the subs and port completely off from the trunk, nothing can get back inside the trunk or else you lose ALL bass.

Image result for subwoofer box direction in trunk

Edited by Jeffdachef

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

53 minutes ago, Jeffdachef said:

We told you this on your old thread. Port and subs should be on the same plane or port has to fire to the trunk especially in a trunk or you seal it up and wall it off from the trunk completely. I cant believe you have a leaky sealed box made with particle board and a port opposite direction from it. Here this is whats good or not good cancellation 101. Trunk hatch is on the left side, cabin is the right side. Difference between good A Vs Bad A is a trunk wall you have to seal the subs and port completely off from the trunk, nothing can get back inside the trunk or else you lose ALL bass.

Image result for subwoofer box direction in trunk

very interesting, most people here have the Bad (b) layout.

I'll try Good (b) to see if something changes

thanks for the imput, i might end up making a 4th order right? its the only solution I think

Resultado de imagen de 4th order enclosure

Edited by XxAndreaxX

2 hours ago, XxAndreaxX said:

very interesting, most people here have the Bad (b) layout.

I'll try Good (b) to see if something changes

thanks for the imput, i might end up making a 4th order right? its the only solution I think

Resultado de imagen de 4th order enclosure

your box cant be any of these configurations because the subs and port are on opposite ends so all you get is "bad x infinity regardless of your orientation"  only way it might possibly work is if you have the port fire the rear towards the trunk.  In a ported configuration, the face of the subs is not important, its where the port is facing which is important. You are technically at bad A in the diagram.

Definite no on the 4th order unless you use 10 inch subs. 4th order for two 15s would only fit in an SUV taking up all the cargo area space means its a BIG fking enclosure that will never fit in a trunk EVER. two 15s ported enclosure is already hard to fit in a trunk let alone a fking 4th order..  So dont go from one f**k up to another f**k up man. like I said, you have no idea what to do so have someone else design your system for you and the enclosure as well. You are just wasting your time with all your ideas.

Edited by Jeffdachef

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

oke I just made some tests yesterday, and some Little adjustments, i came to the conclusión that the db are correct for my needs, I know I could pull out of 2x 15" much more than that.

but I did not buy the 15" for SPL, but more for the sound they make. I'm happy with the sound, and like I said, I could try to stuff wool to gain some extra volume and limit bending-impact of the bad enclosure.

24 minutes ago, XxAndreaxX said:

oke I just made some tests yesterday, and some Little adjustments, i came to the conclusión that the db are correct for my needs, I know I could pull out of 2x 15" much more than that.

but I did not buy the 15" for SPL, but more for the sound they make. I'm happy with the sound, and like I said, I could try to stuff wool to gain some extra volume and limit bending-impact of the bad enclosure.

poly fill does not magically make up for a box thats 1/2 of what it needs to be. It can help 5% at best, its not going to work any kind of miracle  you think it will. Stop working with that box, scrap it and make something completely different with the whole setup completely.

15s dont provide "the sound they make" its the same as a fking 12, just more cone area which needs a much bigger enclosure. A single 8 in a proper ported enclosure would completely sh*t all over your 15 in both sound quality, deep bass and loud spl. What you have right now is a pile of trash.

You have a whole forum full of car audio enthusiast and professional competitors telling you that exact thing for 1000000000x already but you absolutely refuse to do the smart thing to get results, you rather work with the complete failure thinking it might improve, its not. 

Edited by Jeffdachef

25 minutes ago, Jeffdachef said:

poly fill does not magically make up for a box thats 1/2 of what it needs to be. It can help 5% at best, its not going to work any kind of miracle  you think it will. Stop working with that box, scrap it and make something completely different with the whole setup completely.

15s dont provide "the sound they make" its the same as a fking 12, just more cone area which needs a much bigger enclosure. A single 8 in a proper ported enclosure would completely sh*t all over your 15 in both sound quality, deep bass and loud spl. What you have right now is a pile of trash.

You have a whole forum full of car audio enthusiast and professional competitors telling you that exact thing for 1000000000x already but you absolutely refuse to do the smart thing to get results, you rather work with the complete failure thinking it might improve, its not. 

yeah bro, for shure, I'm building up some experience. I could also try to build a 4th order with only one woofer and use the other one as spare or make a sealed box out of it. I think 4th or 6th order is the only way to work in my car's layout right?? I have to seal one side, and throw everything in the cabin through the port

1 hour ago, XxAndreaxX said:

yeah bro, for shure, I'm building up some experience. I could also try to build a 4th order with only one woofer and use the other one as spare or make a sealed box out of it. I think 4th or 6th order is the only way to work in my car's layout right?? I have to seal one side, and throw everything in the cabin through the port

it has to be a pretty big port, not that tiny port you have, the box will take up the whole trunk. You also need to completely seal off the trunk. BLOCK EVERYTHING OFF, prevent any kind of sound or air pressure from going into the trunk or else its not going to work. You dont just seal off the sides of your box, you need to seal off your rear deck as well. Absolutely no kind of open hole that has any sound or air leak from the cabin to the trunk. 

If your subs work well in a small sealed box, a 4th order for both 15s would work but you literally would have to build the box inside the trunk and it'll be a very permanent thing and would 100% be above your fabrication skill level I'd think.

Image result for trunk wall seal

Image result for trunk wall

Edited by Jeffdachef

How much power you have?

Edited by 2RZ-FE

Pioneer DEH-S6120BS head unit, Alpine R-S65C.2 comps, RF P300.2 amp, SSA Demon 12" subwoofer, vented box 3.12ft^3 @ 39.22hz, JBL GTR-1001 amp, Knukonceptz fuse blocks/wiring, Stinger 4k series rca's. 

14 hours ago, 2RZ-FE said:

How much power you have?

Little, like 500RMS high sensibility, its 2 muddy 15" MTX, but I love that sound.

speaking about that, I compared it to single 15" in a proper enclosure, and proper trunk, and they sound very similar.

my trunk is very complicated, too sealed for standard frontfiring bass réflex, not enough sealed for using the trunk as 4th order

18 minutes ago, XxAndreaxX said:

Little, like 500RMS high sensibility, its 2 muddy 15" MTX, but I love that sound.

speaking about that, I compared it to single 15" in a proper enclosure, and proper trunk, and they sound very similar.

my trunk is very complicated, too sealed for standard frontfiring bass réflex, not enough sealed for using the trunk as 4th order

a single 15 in a proper enclosure should be literally flexing windshields so idk where you comparison is. I doubt your setup can do that the way it is.

2 hours ago, Jeffdachef said:

a single 15 in a proper enclosure should be literally flexing windshields so idk where you comparison is. I doubt your setup can do that the way it is.

flexing windshields with single 15 low excursion??? A brazilian friend, has doublé 15" in a biiiig enclosure, sounds loud, but faaar away from flexing windshields

1 hour ago, XxAndreaxX said:

flexing windshields with single 15 low excursion??? A brazilian friend, has doublé 15" in a biiiig enclosure, sounds loud, but faaar away from flexing windshields

they arent playing deep or low enough loud enough. Again, enclosure design issue.

21 minutes ago, Jeffdachef said:

they arent playing deep or low enough loud enough. Again, enclosure design issue.

yes, he has no quality whatsoever, no Deep bass, its set between 80-120hz, and the enclosure is done for that purpose, he plays full range on his subs. but despite the low quality, it sounds very loud

Omg...

Idk that car but it looks like the ski-hole and possibly combined with the rear deck speaker locations if removed (if it has any, if not find a way to create some type of hole) will be sufficient to vent into the cabin if Op would just use a proper-sized enclosure with the port and sub playing into the same space I believe he will be pleased.

Idk if that is going to mean going to a single sub or not, modifying that frankenbox he's got, just building a new one... or what... :suicide:

JVC KD-X350BTS, FI Bl-18v3d2, Deaf Bonce AAK 4000.1, RF 500s, Polk DB comps, Cache Preamp/EQ250A Ces

19 hours ago, shredder2 said:

Omg...

Idk that car but it looks like the ski-hole and possibly combined with the rear deck speaker locations if removed (if it has any, if not find a way to create some type of hole) will be sufficient to vent into the cabin if Op would just use a proper-sized enclosure with the port and sub playing into the same space I believe he will be pleased.

Idk if that is going to mean going to a single sub or not, modifying that frankenbox he's got, just building a new one... or what... :suicide:

bro, I only have one vent hole to the cabin, its in the middle of the two back seats. The only way to get sound waves firing direct to the cabin is that hole. IMO I should consider 4th order, maybe only with 1 speaker.

Yesterday, doing further tests, Lows are playing "great", but higher midbass, its total cancellation. don't get me wrong, i don't want midbass, but my freakin taramps don't let me filter it away and it gets a constant mess of distorsion.

19 hours ago, shredder2 said:

Omg...

He's gonna buy another sealed box for a single 15, cover up one of the sub hole in that frankenbox then attach the new sealed box to the frankenbox with the woofer inside for a prefab franken 4th order.

2 hours ago, Jeffdachef said:

He's gonna buy another sealed box for a single 15, cover up one of the sub hole in that frankenbox then attach the new sealed box to the frankenbox with the woofer inside for a prefab franken 4th order.

hehe yes, that was my idea... its bad idea??

Wtf?🔇🚾

2006 ridgeline hu:KW ddx9903s morel 5.25 maximo comps 6.5 maximo coaxial 2 Dayton ultimax 8s 1.65 @35 amp Rf t1000x5ab

work truck 2017 international pro star Alpine ute62 hu. Amps RF t1000.5ad 4 ch mode infinity k1000  sa 15 3.84 @ 35hz or 2 type s12 6.3 @ 41 hz  or jbl s3 2.0 36hz. or nvx  vcw 10 1.1 @ 32hz  2 8 " eminence pro woofers. 2" Dayton rs52fn midrange. 1 1/8 Dayton dc28f silk dome tweeters.

3 hours ago, XxAndreaxX said:

hehe yes, that was my idea... its bad idea??

i was fking messing around. HOLY SHIT thats a fking horrible retarded idea. You have no idea how to design a 4th order and you just do random BS.   Thats not how a 4th order is designed, the sealed section and ported section and port tuning is completely different, you cant just fk around like that. 

Please stop this completely, you are just throwing money down the drain with all these garbage ideas.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this