magman

How do I tune both my Amp and my Line Out Converter?

I am confused on how you tune an amp and line out converter at the same time. I have an LP7-2 LOC, and R1100M Amp and they both have gain knobs on it. I understand that for each, if tuning by ear, you need to put your radio at 3/4ths volume, play a 40hz test tone, and then turn the gain knobs up until the subwoofer starts audibly distorting, but how do you do it both? The only thing I can think of is to just leave the LOC at 100% gain and then turn the amp up until it starts to distort and then leave it right before it distorts, but is that really the right way?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ecojet
      Hey guys, I need some help regarding to the RCA outputs for my headunit, it’s a Sony WX-GT90B. It’s got an inbuilt amp but I’m using a 2 channel pioneer amp for my sub. However, my headunit is confusing me quite a bit, it’s got 6 RCA Outputs, the one I’m looking at plugging into is labeled “Sub”, but the RCA Colours are the same (see picture). What does that mean?, does it correlate with the red/white ones next to it?, I’m unsure what it means so any help would be greatly appreciated.
      cheers
      ecojet

• By ecojet
      Hey guys, I'm in need of some help in the form of picking the right amplifier for my sub. It's pioneer TS-A300B with around 500WRMS @ 2 ohms, I'm looking to run it at about 300-350wrms, I'm thinking a monoblock amp because it's less stuffing around, I need an amp wthat has a LP Filter however . What would you guys suggest?, any and all help is greatly appreciated 
      cheers
    • By denim
      We were finally able to get the deadly SSA Zcon back to market. Modest tweaks make it even more stout than before, not to mention the addition of upgrade options such as reinforced Triple Joint, additional spider, and direct leads.  I missed that flag so much.  :

Check it out here: http://www.ssaudio.com/index.php/products/subwoofers/zcon 

• By ecojet
      Hey guys, I'm new here and I've just recently started getting into audio systems and it's dawned on me that my stock system is garbage. Now I'm not an audiophile by any means (I use the built in presets in my headunit instead of making my own EQ band if that gives you any idea on how I am with sound.), but my stock system is pretty godawful, I'm replacing it all with whatever I decide, but the sub is the most of my concern as I am a rampant basshead.
      I've been researching and I've been looking at a pioneer TS-A300B Sub, but I'm unsure of the quality as I can't really find any reviews on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated 
      cheers
      ecojet