Very simple wiring question?

Participant count
  • Participant list

wacjac

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi folks. I've quickly joined this forum to just drop by and see if anyone can help me out please? This has got me round the bloody bend.

I have a new Citroen Nemo van, fitted with a very basic 'integrated' CD player/radio. It has MP3 written on it above the CD slot. I norticed on YouTube there's a few videos, many in foreign languages, showing how you can buy a 3.5mm phone jack plug lead and connect it simply (ha!) to the head unit then onto a phone to play phone content via the AUX function. This AUX function is a two keypress on the CD button. It doesn't come up on mine as I assume it only becomes active once the lead is correctly connected. Herein lies the problem. There are a few videos which show the lead simply being plugged into the RED left-most area of the connections and working perfectly. When I bought the lead (specifically sold for this function), I expected this to be a 30 second job and bob's-your-uncle. Not so unfortunately. This doesn't work.

I then delved into more YT videos and there are an equal number of videos where people are soldering spade connectors onto 3-core and appear to be connecting into the GREEN right-most area...and possible a couple even showing the linking out of 'DATA-OUT' and 'DATA-IN'. 

On my photo of the actual pin blocks, you'll notice that 2 pins appear bent, I noticed this and straightened them and am 99% certain they are making connection when the plug is in.

I've attached 3 photos....the lead, the wiring/terminal schematic, and the actual terminal block. Can anyone please put me out of my misery and offer any solid advice please? 

Here are 2 'opposing' YT videos...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuSuDgwIogE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPzbgLT2iJY

Much appreciated.

IMAG1772.jpg

IMAG1773.jpg

IMAG1776.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.