Sign in to follow this  
Ali2627

Sub help!!! stupid thing not working!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey all long story short the subwoofer i have has a built in amp. I've checked the fuse and it's good power isn't a issue as when i unplug the bass adjustor it makes a thud sound so it has power. But i suspect it's the audio that's the issue the speaker it's hot-wired in it working fine and ive checked the lines everything is connected. Only thing left is to replace the mid adapter or whatever it is the small box that taps into your stock speakers and then converts it for your sub to use......."PAC SNI-35 Variable LOC Line Out Converter"

Edited by Ali2627

ok, the PAC is a high to low converter which simply converts speaker signal into RCA output that connects to your sub amplifier.  The'thud you hear is just ground loop from the voltage drop in the system.

So you have checked all wiring and only thing you suspect is the PAC high to low inverter. I would suggest the following:

• check your pac inverter to see its wired correctly;
  • check your remote wire from your head unit (blue one) that run from your head unit to turn the sub amp on;
  • check your power/ ground wires on your sub amp and check the fuse on the positive wire that connects to the battery;

Let us know if the issue still persists so we can help further mate!

So, my subamp turns on when the car is turned on the blue light turns on. and pac seems wired correctly nothing is unplugged as far as ive seen ive got a new pac inverter right now to see if it works or not..... after that im just gonna try getting a test volt meter and test the line to see if i get power from one end to another in the speaker wire which i assume is safe for my headunit ill be using a 9v battery to test the speaker line to the contvert to the sub 

delte this thred i got a new issue its been fixed

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this