[SOLVED] Can I Install My Line Out Converter This Way?

Participant count
  • Participant list

magman

CarAudio.com Newbie
I installed two 12 inch subs with an amp and a line output converter in my Honda Accord 2009, and I wired it to the harness on the head unit but the amp never turned on. I took it to a car audio store and had them look at it, and they said that it can't be wired to the radio because it isn't just constant 12 volt but also data, or something. Long story short, he said that I should wire it to the rear speaker instead (or have them do it for 200 dollars.)  I have an LP7-2 LOC and a BOSS R1100M amp.

I watched a youtube video and a guy wired the speaker wires on his converter to the rear speakers, then wired the 12 volt constant wire to the positive on his amp, then the ground wire to the ground on his amp, then the remote start wire to the remote start on his amp. I was wondering if this would work properly or if there is a better way to do it? Also I heard that since it is a monoblock amp and I'm only using it for my 12 inch subs that I can just wire the positive and negative to one speaker instead of both, since subs don't need left and right channels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.