Sign in to follow this  
Dejan Blanuša

Subwoofer problem HELP!

Hello! I know it is a long shoot, but I will try anyway...:) 

I have a car audio unit Alpine CD-E103BT. It is great, but I have one little problem. When I turn off subwoofer on that unit in subwoofer options menu, subwoofer works, but, when I turn it on, subwoofer doesn't work. Do You know what could be the problem? Sub is connected via amplifier to the head unit.

Thanx!

I assume you are using RCA's from the headunit to the amp? Are you using the remote wire from the headunit to the amp?

Hey mate, so it works sometimes and when you turn on, it does not work.

Sounds like a loose remote (blue) wire issue but could also be the amplifier.  I suggest you check the following:

• when you turn your stereo on, check if the amplifier switches on as well, if it does not, then most likely a loose remote wire connection;
  • if your amp goes on and the sub does not play, then it could be a loose connection inside the subwoofer box / subwoofer connection; check that out too!
  • Lastly, If the problem still persists, then you may be required to check your connections behind your Alpine unit; including the remote (blue) turn on wire that goes to your amp;
  • If the issue still remains, then it could also be faulty RCA cable as well, use a multimeter for resistance;
  • use multimeter to check subwoofer wiring as well so it gives you a clean reading before you take subwoofer out;
  • also check RCA connections behind the Alpine head unit and the amp as well;

Its only a minor issue and hopefully you will rectify it soon mate!  Good luck and let us know if its resolved.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this