Subwoofer problem HELP!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dejan Blanuša

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello! I know it is a long shoot, but I will try anyway...:) 

I have a car audio unit Alpine CD-E103BT. It is great, but I have one little problem. When I turn off subwoofer on that unit in subwoofer options menu, subwoofer works, but, when I turn it on, subwoofer doesn't work. Do You know what could be the problem? Sub is connected via amplifier to the head unit.

Thanx!

Hey mate, so it works sometimes and when you turn on, it does not work.

Sounds like a loose remote (blue) wire issue but could also be the amplifier.  I suggest you check the following:

• when you turn your stereo on, check if the amplifier switches on as well, if it does not, then most likely a loose remote wire connection;
  • if your amp goes on and the sub does not play, then it could be a loose connection inside the subwoofer box / subwoofer connection; check that out too!
  • Lastly, If the problem still persists, then you may be required to check your connections behind your Alpine unit; including the remote (blue) turn on wire that goes to your amp;
  • If the issue still remains, then it could also be faulty RCA cable as well, use a multimeter for resistance;
  • use multimeter to check subwoofer wiring as well so it gives you a clean reading before you take subwoofer out;
  • also check RCA connections behind the Alpine head unit and the amp as well;
Its only a minor issue and hopefully you will rectify it soon mate!  Good luck and let us know if its resolved.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.