Amp won't turn on power is good u to the amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Brett Michael

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have an old Alpine MRV F250 and i just wired it with a new 8awg wiring kit. I was working really well. I. I checked all the wiring and connection they were tight I have the remote wires in with my ignition switch fuse on the amp and power line both good. Lastly I checked the power at the amp terminals both hot and remote wires read constant cold 12.8 volts. Wth! I'm racking my brain no smells of burnt silicone or anything. Please tell me it's just something I missed 

You should be able to measure 12.x volts on both sides of the amp fuse metal tabs (with the fuse inserted), that is the best way to check the fuse.  Use the amp ground terminal as a reference.

It could be that the amp has died.  Did you say that it used to work and now it doesn't?   The green power LED doesn't come on, correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.