Audiomobile MASS 12 ported eclosure

Participant count
  • Participants list

NSTALN
10+ year member

Dismember
Alrighty ported box gurus...as the thread states I'm lookin to port my MASS 12. Here are the specs and what I'm planning to build...All (constructive) input is welcome. Thanks!

T/S:

Fs: 23.6 Hz

Qms: 6.13

Qes: 0.43

Qts: 0.40

Vas: 2.8 cubic feet

Re: 1.58 ohms

BL: 19.8

Le: .50 mh

Xmax: 20 mm

Sensitivity: 89.6 dB (with 1-watt input)

The plan is 1.75cubes (after sub, port and bracing displacement) tuned to 26hz. It will basically be a long and thin truck-style box with a single 4inch port due to physical restraints. Power will be 500rms from the sub channel of a JL 900/5. i know the port is a bit small, but it's relatively low power and winisd shows port velocity will still be pretty low.

Let me know what you think, or if you have a different recommendation.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can run it in bass box pro when I get home from work in a few hours. What are you looking to get out of it? 26hz is an awfully low tune.
Thanks...i appreciate the assist. Yeah i want it tuned low...I have AF GS690's up front so I'll have midbass by the mile...so I'm lookin for the sub to hit the low-lows. With an FS of 23.6 it should be comfortable playing that low. i would certainly give up a bit of overall output to make it reach lower...I know there's usually a trade-off.

SQ is the main goal...I'm not so much into super-loud these days.

It seems like the modeling is off, there are several missing tsp's and I'm getting a discrepancy when you have the program calculate what's missing it doesn't like the results. I can't find any other info about those subs other than that same list of tsp's that has been copied and pasted for a bunch of for sale ads over past 6-7 years. 

I'm assuming the parameters listed were taken with the coils in parallel however BL seems very high, almost like it was taken from a series coil reading. When I lower BL to 9.9 (figuring the 19.8 came from  series) the graph smooths out and doesn't look awkward. I'm not confident that the graphs would be accurate because the number's don't jive in the program. 

Got these from another source...dvc

Qts: 0.42 Qms: 5.80Vas: 92L Qes: 0.45Fs: 22Hz SPL: 90dBRe: 7.6ohm Pe: 600wLe: 0.507mH BL: 19.80Xmax 20.0mm Diam: 12inZ: 4.0ohm Sd: 0.046m^2Mms: 160g

Those numbers work a lot better. Here's a few plots, I used the svc and dvc subs, they were nearly the same, I also included a higher tunes and a larger volume example. Looks like 1.75 at 26hz plays pretty flat with strong low end extension. All ports were 4 inch round no flares. 

View attachment 4161
Gracias mang! I appreciate you taking the time to do this. 

1.75@26hz it is!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.