Sundown SA10 enclosure recomendations

Participant count
  • Participants list

Ridinhi
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
guy I know wants me to build him a box for an SA10. Said he will be using around 800watts and will be going in a Oldsmobile Bravada. Something about the size of a Chevy Blazer I am assuming. Can I get some opinions on what size and tuning? Also, which way to face sub and port? Not sure what type of music he listens to, if I had to guess, I would say bass heavy tracks such as mostly rap

build him a box for an SA10. Said he will be using around 800watts.
 I think I'd be advising him 1st that it won't be too overly loud on 800 watts and if you increase volume for output, it'll likely be peaky around tuning. It is only a single 10 after all and on less than 1000 watts.

Personally I'd do 1.5ft3-1.6ft3 net with 19-22 in2 of port (slot ported) tuned to 33-34hz or so if I wanted it a bit bass heavy. With 800 watts only I'd lean towards a larger enclosure for output.

I'd do sub-up port back as well if it's like my S-10 Blazer was.

Last edited by a moderator:
6 pvc is a little excessive for a single 10.....
I've got a 6 inch aero per Blaupunkt 10 hooked up to a small home theatre system right now. 2 of them do work getting maybe 50w total lol. 

Imo a single 4inch would be close to its limits with that SA10. Might as well go up to the next size, plus if the power is ever upgraded down the road it will be ok. 

I got my SA 10s in a huge box. Like 10cubes.. they straight hammer. I have steering wheel flex and when my windows are half way down they shake they are going to break. They play down to like 25hz with authority. I love me some huge boxes. If u heard this setup on 500watts u would crap your pants 

B7F95ECB-9CCE-437A-9C72-8F6F0562A512.jpeg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.