Matching amp output to PioneerTS-V10 speakers

Participant count
  • Participants list

TalkingWhippet

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all.

I am finally sorting out stereo in older Land Rover Defender and am fitting Pioneer TS-V10 speakers in front dash with a Pioneer GM-D1004 amp.  Amp is 4-channel at 45W RMS and speakers rated at 60W - its physical size is main attraction as small and will do enough to boost sound in what is a noisy truck anyway.  Guy selling speakers reckons 60W for V10s is a conservative rating though and they will be happy with more input.  I was thinking that I could bridge amp output so have 90w RMS on 2 channels.  Would this be too much for the V10s - or better to go with higher output and avoid clipping at 45W?  Or am I just being overall too anxious?  I've always understood that better to run speakers near maximum rather than under power.  If go with 75%-150% rule, then range would be 45w - 90w RMS for V10s.

Views much appreciated - sorry if this is a very common kind of question!

David

bridge em....be conservative on gains, you may need some rca y connectors...just plug left rca to input on corresponding amp channel and right on other input 

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.