What’s the best option?

Participant count
  • Participants list

TonWardHD

CarAudio.com Recruit
Ok I will have a 24 cubic ft ported enclosure max. That’s the largest I could get it.

Do I go with 2 psi plat 5 18” on 5k each 

or 4 Fi btl neos 18” with about 3k each?

4 of those neos should be just ok with 24 cubic ft?  

In a trunk car but 4 18” will fit and 24 ft cubed enclosure will fit. 

Im sure I’m leaving some detail out, just lmk 

I’m going for spl but not fully. It’s a daily driver.

will the 4 neos be able to handle themselves in that much space? Efficiency?

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of vehicle and what are your listening goals?
2001 Hyundai Elantra 

Loud, low bass, 

spl mainly but it can’t sound bad on music. 

I would suppose the Neo option is louder right? But I’m worried if the enclosure is too small for that. 

Is 155+ dB likely to be attained with both these setups?

Yea thats not happening in an Elantra. I had a hell of a time getting a 6.5 cube box to fit in my sons car, which is a 09 Elantra.
6.5? I can get 4’ length 3’ high and 2’ width in mine. 

6.5? I can get 4’ length 3’ high and 2’ width in mine. 
Yup. had to take the door gasket off and give it a kick to get it in. maybe the old trunks are 4x's larger IDK.

Are you going by online specs or did you measure the trunk and opening? The specs I see online show 11 cu.ft of cargo area.

Yup. had to take the door gasket off and give it a kick to get it in. maybe the old trunks are 4x's larger IDK.

Are you going by online specs or did you measure the trunk and opening? The specs I see online show 11 cu.ft of cargo area.
He said its a b pillar wall, not in the trunk. 

If you use smaller drivers you can get more cone area in there, but 2 18s and a port is about all you can fit. 3 15s across with a port at the top or the bottom would be slightly more cone area. 

Oh I’m using the trunk for amps and bats. The subs and wall is taking up the rear passenger seat area. 

Pretty much settled for 2 psi plat 5’s 18” and 2 Skar rp-4500.1

the amps are 550 each which after watching dyno tests seems great but is there any good 6k amps for just a little bit more than 550$ ?

Oh I’m using the trunk for amps and bats. The subs and wall is taking up the rear passenger seat area. 

Pretty much settled for 2 psi plat 5’s 18” and 2 Skar rp-4500.1

the amps are 550 each which after watching dyno tests seems great but is there any good 6k amps for just a little bit more than 550$ ?
RP series is their chinese line DEFINITELY dont pay that much for chinese lines. 
I'd get some taramps MD 8000.1 if you are only wiring to 1 ohm each.  Buddy is doing 159 db at 29hz with two md 8000.1, demoing all day every day at CES. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.