Participant count
  • Participants list

Ian Toussaint

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to car audio, and I have some questions on mono amps and subs.

I just purchased 2 10 inch subs.  They are the Polk Audio DB 1042 SVC.  It's a 4-ohm sub with single voice coils.  I also purchased a sealed box for these subs. (https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_1747.html)

The box has 2 separate spots on the back for connections.  One on the left and one on the right.  I also have this amp. (https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_93307.html)  It's a 750 rms class d 2 ohm (stable) mono amp.  I also purchased an 8 gauge amp wiring kit.

Now, I know how to wire the ground, power, and remote turn on.  That's a breeze for me.  It's wiring the sub to the amp that I'm not good with.  With my system I have, shown above, could someone give me specific instructions on how to first, connect the subs to the outputs on the enclosure?  In other words, how to wire the back of the subs to the enclosure before screwing in the subs.  And 2nd, how to wire the amp to those sub outputs correctly.

Thank you.

You will only use one terminal set on the box.

Positive sub 1 to positive sub 2 to positive terminal.

Negative sub 1 to negative sub 2 to negative terminal.

This will put you at a 2 ohm load to the amp.

EE867E8B-0204-4F54-BF60-85F0332D0057.png

Okay, thank you.  I think I understand now.  What do you think is the best way to actually mount the wires on the subwoofer?  Cause I don't have a Sauter.

Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to car audio, and I have some questions on mono amps and subs.

I just purchased 2 10 inch subs. They are the Polk Audio DB 1042 SVC. It's a 4-ohm sub with single voice coils. I also purchased a sealed box for these subs. (https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_1747.html)

The box has 2 separate spots on the back for connections. One on the left and one on the right. I also have this amp. (https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_93307.html) It's a 750 rms class d 2 ohm (stable) mono amp. I also purchased an 8 gauge amp wiring kit.

Now, I know how to wire the ground, power, and remote turn on. That's a breeze for me. It's wiring the sub to the amp that I'm not good with. With my system I have, shown above, could someone give me specific instructions on how to first, connect the subs to the outputs on the enclosure? In other words, how to wire the back of the subs to the enclosure before screwing in the subs. And 2nd, how to wire the amp to those sub outputs correctly.

Thank you.
hers how hope it helps

Attachments

• 2SVC_4-ohm_mono.jpg
    2SVC_4-ohm_mono.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 244
You will only use one terminal set on the box.

That won't work. It's a dual chamber box.

Ian you just need to run some ~14 awg wire from each sub to the box terminal. The easiest way would be to use some standard quick disconnect terminals, probably the blue ones (14-16 awg). You will have to find the correct tab size. I think your (+)'s will be .250" and the (-)'s will be .187. These can be found at walmart, but the .187's might be a little harder to find.

For amp to box - you can either run two +/- pairs from the amp for each terminal, or run one wire then a wire from one box terminal to the next.
The amp and box terminals will both work with bare wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.