Help with info on old Alpine amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Brett Michael

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ok first and foremost I'm Brett new to this site and very green in terms of knowing much about the car stereo world but very intrigued. 

Ok I have tons of questions but first is how can I find more information on an Alpine MRV-F250? When looking it up it takes me to MRP-F250 assuming that is the newer version of the same thing. But I want to know exactly the ohms it is most efficient at and the different output options and what not.

Nextquestion. I am temporarily running 3 speakers all Polk two 5.25" and one 6.5" (I drive a TJ) the other 6.5" blew from what I was told a grounding issue. They are all 4 ohm speakers which means I can run them in parallel to keep the ohms low but if I ran them in parallel would I bridge the whole amp to supply all three (1st neg to last post I think) or do I parallel them to one channel? Because that doesn't seem like much power for three speakers?

One more and I'll shut up. Running the speakers in parallel when are all the same ohm rating does what to the overall ohm demand from the amp? Does that make sense? Same question wired in a series?

MRV-F250

Specs:

- RMS Continuous Power output (@ 12.0V 20 Hz to 20 kHz)

25 watts x 4 @ 4 ohms, 0.08% THD
35 watts x 4 @ 2 ohms, 0.3% THD
70 watts bridged into 4 ohms, 0.3% THD

- Dynamic Power (a 14.4V, 20 Hz to 20 kHz)

40 watts x 4 @ 4 ohms, 0.08% THD
50 watts x 4 @ 2 ohms, 0.3% THD
100 watts bridged into 4 ohms, 0.3% THD

Frequency Response - 10 Hz to 50 kHz (+0, -1 dB)
Signal to Noise Ratio - 100dB
Slew Factor - Greater than 5
Inout Sensitivity (for rated power output) - 200mV to 4.0V (1.0V at center detent)
Active Network Frequency and Slope - 50 to 200 Hz, 12 db per Octave

Dimensions: (W x H x D) 240mm X 53mm x250mm ( 9-7/16" x 2-1/16" x 9-14/16")
Weight: 3.0Kg (6lbs)

speakers don't "blow" from grounding out.  they are damaged form physical obstructions, exceeding mechanical limits, or exceeding electrical limits.

You would wire the speakers in parallel, in stereo.  You can't bridge the amp for all of those speakers.  You could put the 5.25 on channels 1 & 2 (left and right) then put the remaining 6.5 on a channel.   Maybe you could consider bridging channels 3 & 4 to the single 6.5.

When wiring in parallel, you can reference this site: http://www.bcae1.com/spkrmlti.htm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.