Dudeogo's Mazdaspeed 3 Build

Participant count
  • Participants list

dudeogo

Actually a Potato
Starting the build log for my 2008 Mazdaspeed 3. A lot of parts are arriving so I figure now is a good time to start. Right now I've got in hand 8 Unlawful Sounds 8" mids, 6 Unlawful Sounds super tweeters, Pioneer AVH4200NEX, 15" B2 XM15, and a Alphard Machete 80.4. Still coming are sub amps (Undecided), 2 more super tweeters to complete the set of 8, a machete 150.4, Team GP Alternator, and enough NorthStar power to keep the lights on! Starting the work on the custom panels possibly tonight. Will update with pictures as work progresses. Installed 4 of the mid in very temporary locations and I am very happy with them. Unlawful makes a good product. Seem to be the exact same as the B2 rage series. 

Just thought I'd make a post detailing all of the performance work done to the car. 

• Corksport Stage 2 Rear Motor Mount
  • Corksport Passenger Motor Mount
  • Corksport Transmission Mount
  • Corksport High Pressure Fuel Pump
  • Corksport Short Shifter
  • COBB Intake
  • COBB Acessport V3 (Tuned)
  • GPlus Turbo  Inlet Pipe
  • CPe EGR Delete
  • JDM PROSPORT Front Mount intercooler
  • Custom 3" Catless Exhaust with Turbo XS Muffler 
  • 10" Wide 17" Rims, Unknown brand but made in Italy so would assume they are OZ
  • 255/40/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-11s
  • YellowSpeed Coilovers

Sounds good, would love to see a pic of the car so we know what you're working with.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UnVVnd3rEdaj2NGQ9

Been meaning to get some photos up was just having some issues finding a good way to share them! Basically everything there is temporary. The mids are getting custom door panels and I will be building a 4th order box for the woofer most likely just wanted to get some music going in the car! ***** driving in silence 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just waiting on my big roll of fiberglass to show up in the mail. Anything I should know about SMD Sunflash, or reccomendations on a better resin? this is my first go around with fiberglass

Thats a lot of mids and tweeters with very little power going to them.  Are you bridging the amps to stereo mode and doing network mode? 
Well yes, I do not have the Deaf Bonce 180.4 from my teammate yet, but was planning on running the tweets to the 80.4 bridging 2 channels per door for 60 watts per tweeter and then the same with the mids for 125 watts per mid. But that is really still not enough power. Have had the thought in the back of my mind to buy 2 Taramps 3ks for mids since the price has come down so much. Would give me room to grow. Crossover wise, even though I have a flagship pioneer (AVH4200NEX) it did not come equipped with network mode. It does, however, have a HPF in the unit for the front channel. So the plan was to run the HPF at 80hz then LPF the mids on their amp at 8khz and then the tweets already have passive crossovers on them, but would HPF the amp at 8khz for them as well.  

Well yes, I do not have the Deaf Bonce 180.4 from my teammate yet, but was planning on running the tweets to the 80.4 bridging 2 channels per door for 60 watts per tweeter and then the same with the mids for 125 watts per mid. But that is really still not enough power. Have had the thought in the back of my mind to buy 2 Taramps 3ks for mids since the price has come down so much. Would give me room to grow. Crossover wise, even though I have a flagship pioneer (AVH4200NEX) it did not come equipped with network mode. It does, however, have a HPF in the unit for the front channel. So the plan was to run the HPF at 80hz then LPF the mids on their amp at 8khz and then the tweets already have passive crossovers on them, but would HPF the amp at 8khz for them as well.  
should work fairly well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.